• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

anyone like to camp?

Admin

Administrator. Graeme
Staff member
not talking about rocking up with a caravan , but i mean roughing it with a tent and sleeping back , getting a huge arse fire rip roaring (on days that they are permitted)

haven't been camping in awhile , but normally head up to the murry as it's just under an hours drive away

take the boat up and try and cash a cod or two , but normally only get dirty old carp

For me camping goes hand in hand with 4x4ing and fishing, so yeah I love getting away out bush away from everything and enjoying the quietness and being away from people.

Use to do a lot of camping years ago, me, my brothers and our dad, use to pack our packs and drive off somewhere in Tassie, then park the car and go bush for a few days. Lots of hiking, relaxing, fishing etc.

So want to do it again but not many places up here in Mackay to go camping

Used to head up to the Murry at least once per year, now the fucking packing, setting up, repacking, cleaning of all the shit I drag up there, than storing it all in the tha shed again takes longer than camping.
I did like it though, kids have breaking my chops to go up again, so may have make a come back.
The fishing, motorbike riding and huge campfire is what it's all about.

Yep love it, have all the gear and a trailer and 4x4 to go with it.

Camping usually entails fishing, shooting, archery and dirt bike riding, as well as cooking meat over a camp fire and drinking port out of plastic cups:)

Love it. The boys and I go to Walhalla or Neerim South a couple of times a year. Both are great spots within 90 minutes of home so ideal for the odd overnighter as well as longer stays. Wish I could go more frequently.

Nothing quite like cooking up a storm and then sitting around a fire with a beer and a couple of acoustic guitars!

Love it. The boys and I go to Walhalla or Neerim South a couple of times a year. Both are great spots within 90 minutes of home so ideal for the odd overnighter as well as longer stays. Wish I could go more frequently.

Nothing quite like cooking up a storm and then sitting around a fire with a beer and a couple of acoustic guitars!

Walhalla is a fantasic spot, so close yet such a beautiful old mining town, which reminds me want to head back there and do the tour which goes down the mine....

yeah accoustic guitar around the camp fire goes down well at night , best way to unwind

Love camping. Good fun if the weather cooperates otherwise it can be horrendous.

Its great sitting around a fire with a few cans and chuck a line in the water. But fuck me if a guitar comes out that thing is going in the fire. Why wreck the peacefulness with that shit.

Love camping. Good fun if the weather cooperates otherwise it can be horrendous.

Its great sitting around a fire with a few cans and chuck a line in the water. But fuck me if a guitar comes out that thing is going in the fire. Why wreck the peacefulness with that shit.

:D

Love camping, and spending 8 years in the Pilbara, I got my fair share. Nearly always associated with fishing...

I've just returned from a week of 4WDing and camping in the VIC high country. Also visited Walhalla coincidently, which was a nice place. Bush camping is simply abloody awesome way to get away from the shit-fight of day to day life and just relax. For someone who's mind always seems to be racing, I find little more therapeutic than staring into a camp fire. It's hypnotic.

That and the fact the best meals I've ever had have been cooked in a camp oven in the middle of nowhere.

Being a mad keen 4WDer means I get to do it quite frequently. At one stage it was 7 weekends in a row. Now I average 1-2 per month, which is still pretty good. One a year I get away for 3-4 weeks at a time and bush camp 100% of the time.

We do a bit of camping here in QLD, up inland from the sunshine coast.
I prefer the winter to go camping as we normally take around 1.5 ton of fire wood in the tandem. We have the fire going day and night non stop. It gets bloody cold at night. Cant wait till we have kids so they can enjoy it.

Love it, wish that we had more opportunity to do it.

Just bought a new canvas tent late last year, but haven't had the opportunity to deploy it yet...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Hahaha I agree with this. Just reminds me of how in high school there was always one douche who would bring a guitar to school and play shitty Oasis covers during lunch breaks..

ANYWAY, camping. Love camping. Just bought a new tent actually.. probably going to wait a little while before I go again because camping in 40 degree heat is horrendous.