• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Can this be used for "greens" also?

Solid return on rental expenses I would think from 100 pounds per every 4 square feet.

Veggies are so cheap to buy its never really worth the effort to grow them yourself.

Yeah I agree but it is enjoyable growing your own veggies and eating what you have grown occasionally, in general you can't grow enough to self sustain yourself but you can supplement what you have to buy and it generally tastes a heap better.

Yeah I agree but it is enjoyable growing your own veggies and eating what you have grown occasionally, in general you can't grow enough to self sustain yourself but you can supplement what you have to buy and it generally tastes a heap better.

Personally I would prefer to do other shit with my spare time.

I love growing my own veges, I'll never be able to grow what I need for everyday in the kitchen but Homegrown anything is just rewarding.

My aunt has a complety sustainable edible garden and hasnt had to buy veges for over a year. Shes retired and it does take up alot of her time.

it is true, some planting expensive, say potatoes.

But a lot of satisfaction from growing own food.

some items, like garlic and tomatoes do save a bit of money.

Only thing I would ever grow myself is herbs, the amount you have to fork out per oz these days is ridiculousness!

I had to cut half my Nashi tree down for chook shed improvements. I was heading for a bumper crop. Counted at least 30 on the branches I took down :(

Only thing I would ever grow myself is herbs, the amount you have to fork out per oz these days is ridiculousness!
Absolutely! !
And herbs regenerate so fast.
Mint, coriander and rosemary is all I grow and they have been shoved in any pocket of soil that was free.

Avocados have a shallow root system and being a tropical they like to be kept out of waterlogged soil.
Arent you in Victoria?

Yes, but grow good in our area; I have one that is cold tolerant.

I know that large trees can have root system up to 9-10m, just wondering about dwarf trees. It is predicted will grow to 3m and 2.5m canopy.

I have yet to buy a supermarket tomato that tastes anywhere near as good as home grown. I do cardio once a year, digging my small garden patch. About 3x2m. I buy a punnet of 6 plants in spring, put them in my little garden patch and that's it. Every week or so, once they get going, you need to go tie them up to your stakes so that they grow up, not out. Good news is that you use old stockings, so you gotta peel them off yer girl. Mmmmm. Two months later you got tomatoes that taste like they should.

Silverbeet is an even better no brainer. Mine self seed so no need to buy seedlings. Two or three plants will keep me in my morning greens year round.

I have apricot, orange, 2 apple, 2 feijoa and a guava bush. Almost zero work needed. Just gotta keep those rozella fukkers away.

Bottom line. It's taste and zero chemicals. You see those apricots in the supermarket that are evenly orange/yellow all over with no taste? That's not natural. Gotta be some bad chit goin' on dere.

I have yet to buy a supermarket tomato that tastes anywhere near as good as home grown. I do cardio once a year, digging my small garden patch. About 3x2m. I buy a punnet of 6 plants in spring, put them in my little garden patch and that's it. Every week or so, once they get going, you need to go tie them up to your stakes so that they grow up, not out. Good news is that you use old stockings, so you gotta peel them off yer girl. Mmmmm. Two months later you got tomatoes that taste like they should.

Silverbeet is an even better no brainer. Mine self seed so no need to buy seedlings. Two or three plants will keep me in my morning greens year round.

I have apricot, orange, 2 apple, 2 feijoa and a guava bush. Almost zero work needed. Just gotta keep those rozella fukkers away.

Bottom line. It's taste and zero chemicals. You see those apricots in the supermarket that are evenly orange/yellow all over with no taste? That's not natural. Gotta be some bad chit goin' on dere.

"Zero chemicals". You do realise that everything you eat is 100% made up of chemicals.

No, no bad shit going on just that usually the best quality fruit in Aus gets exported. Then the various grades of fruit get distributed to supermarkets depending on the competition in the area. Eg a supermarket in a small town with no competition likely gets the shitter fruit.

Kelvin, you gotta define everything for Bazza the resident pedant or he will nitpik your posts to pieces.100% chemicals indeed.

before u point out that everything is carbon based and carbon is in fact a chemical,thats not what he meant.im pretty sure anyone would understand what growing veges at home without using commercial sprays is.

strawman debating tactics for the win.

Last edited:
Kelvin, you gotta define everything for Bazza the resident pedant or he will nitpik your posts to pieces.100% chemicals indeed.

before u point out that everything is carbon based and carbon is in fact a chemical,thats not what he meant.im pretty sure anyone would understand what growing veges at home without using commercial sprays is.

strawman debating tactics for the win.

Not a strawman at all, I suggest you look up the definition of the strawman argument because you don't seem to understand it. I'm just stating the facts.

Woody actually looks like he is trying to use the naturalistic fallacy. That natural chemicals must be ok and synthetic chemicals automatically equal bad when it's clearly not the case.