• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

"What makes a great gym?

have to laugh at my gym , they put up big signs saying
"no towel no gym" but it's a rule that isn't enforced

another rule is "all workout programs must be approved by management" again another rule that isn't enforced

This is all part of why I like my home gym so much.

Simple rules....

1) No dickheads
2) See rule 1
3) Effort and consistency rule
4) We can all learn from each other.... This rule can become a dickhead finder.....SO
5) Just in case of any misunderstandings, please see rules 1 and 2 again for clarification

I disagree actually with the air conditioning thing.

In my experience, fans are better for moving air to assist with cooling by natural sweat and air conditioners are just a trap for organisms or whatever the correct term is for airborne stuff such as flus, bugs, virus, etc.

While I will never try to use the gym for pickup, I like training amongst hotlooking women and great gyms are condusive to that. While I train at a one of the 24 hour chains, which may not be classed by many as hardcore, I have notised that while they are all basically cookie cutter gyms they do appear to differ from area to area. Some have a great community and vibe while others operate simply to generate profit and there is very little interaction in them.

Great article. I couldnt see any gym in aus saying you can't train in socks.
Bloody vibrams are everywhere.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Tapatalk

I wish my gym had aircon and hotties in Lycra. Need to line the shed for aircon, not sure wife will approve of hotties though.

I wish my gym had aircon and hotties in Lycra. Need to line the shed for aircon, not sure wife will approve of hotties though.

We lined the under side of the shed roof with insulation and installed some big fans.

The other thing we did was get some fly screens made so we can open the roller doors and drop them in to increase air flow and keep out insects (as best as you can with roller doors).

I think we are also lucky due to the height of the shed.

We lined the under side of the shed roof with insulation and installed some big fans.

The other thing we did was get some fly screens made so we can open the roller doors and drop them in to increase air flow and keep out insects (as best as you can with roller doors).

I think we are also lucky due to the height of the shed.

Yeah I had aircell installed when the shed was built but only the roof. I've put some batts on the side where the morning sun is but I think I would want to do the rest of the walls properly before aircon. My brother has a split system waiting for me.

At the moment I just use a 450mm floor fan, but some days you can feel how hot the air is that it's moving around.

I go to Snap Fitness not far from work, parking is a pain in the arse in the afternoons but mornings its good.

One issue with them is they take a long time to fix any broken equipment. Got loads of it though and their own spin class room, showers are good but not enough of them, loads of hotties though so all good. And good free weights too

http://www.noosafitness.com/page3.htmlNoosa has some really good gyms many of which are centrally located close to shops which really adds to atmosphere, Franks is the oldest which has been going for over 30 years, even the Anytime is located in a shopping centre and so too is the Snap, fun place to workout.

Good equipment, doesn't have to be brand new but if I wouldn't train on it myself I wouldn't put it in my gym.
Good environment, things like proper lighting, recirculating air and decent music might seem obvious but if you go into a dimly lit gym with no music and stale air you usually don't want to stick around.