• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Kiana O'Neil, 14, mistaken for burglar, shot by stepdad in Colorado Springs

Admin

Administrator. Graeme
Staff member
A 14-YEAR-OLD girl was shot dead by her stepfather after he reportedly mistook her for a burglar. The incident happened in Colorado Springs, Colorado just before 6am on Monday (10pm AEDT).
According to a recording of a police dispatch, Kiana may have been trying to sneak into the house through a basement window after a night out when she was shot in the stomach and chest.
A 911 caller, presumably Kiana's stepfather, informed the operator that a burglar had been shot. But then slightly more than a minute later the operator reports the news that the victim wasn't an intruder.
Kiana was alive when police arrive at the scene but died later in hospital.
The District Attorney's Office will decide what charges, if any, to lay against Kiana's stepfather, whose name is being withheld at the moment.
Police spokesman Larry Herbert said the girl's stepfather fired the shot, but said it was unclear if he had mistaken the teen for a burglar.
591264-kiana-o-039-neil-and-her-mum.jpg

Kiana O'Neil and her mum from her Facebook page.

Police went door-to-door to ensure everyone was ok.
"I heard three bangs," Jani Harvey, who lives across the street, told KRDO. "I assumed it was someone hitting on a car or a garage door or something like that."
"I thought it was strange, and I thought it was an odd hour for it to be going on. It's kind of a quiet neighborhood," she said.
Next door neighbour, Mary Zesiewicz, said after she went to work she learned why police were so concerned after a phone call from her son.
"He goes Mum, they removed bullets from our wall...it's a very, very scary feeling," Ms Zesiewicz said.
The Daily Mail reported that Kiana was the eldest of three children. A Facebook memorial page has already been set up, describing her as having a "bright personality" and "infectious smile."
582311-man-shoots-stepdaughter-in-colorado-springs.jpg

A Colorado man has shot dead his 14-year-old stepdaughter after he mistook her for a burglar inside his home, pictured.

On her Pinterest page Kiana says she loves 'basically everything especially food and crazy hairstyles.’
"Im [sic] a total nerd and always will be," she stated.

Her stepfather hasn't been arrested and investigators will have to decide if Colorado's "Make My Day" law allows residents to defend themselves against intruders. The legislation's name is a reference to the famous line by Clint Eastwood in Dirty Harry