• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Who thinks drug testing is working?

Who thinks drug testing is working?

• yes

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • No

Votes: 6 75.0%

• Total voters

spartacus

Lot of cynical views about drug testing. some say people still cheat and so on.

They are right, people still get caught.

But my view is things are getting fairer with no athlete beyond the system in terms of being exposed if caught. This year Tyson Gay, 2nd fastest man over 100m ever in terms of times, got caught for steroid hormone use. In line with his character, he made no excuse beyond admitting he took wrong advice.

Here is a list of those caught in sport, but what are your views? Is the fight worth making, in line with my view?

List of doping cases in sport - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Thanks for that, hopefully we will get some good numbers voting.

Shrek, can you add some reasons when you have time.

I think they need much more drug testing....

I mean, how do you know if the guy down at the gym is selling you real stuff? :D

If you're concerned with young people getting on them the cause isn't sport, or performing well in it. The problem is popular culture and boredom. Bigger, faster stronger showed just how f'd up our culture is and our flawed our idols are.

But sport can survive with declining standards, can't it?

Look at track and field circuit and tour de france, where standards are falling. Still very popular events with substantial tv audiences.

But sport can survive with declining standards, can't it?

Look at track and field circuit and tour de france, where standards are falling. Still very popular events with substantial tv audiences.

It can thrive.
When Tour de France or World Cup soccer are one, the world is glued to their tv, including myself, no matter wether performance is up or down.

yes, 30 years ago when few knew about the advantage or prevalence of drugs, everyone wanted big performances.

Now many know about the huge advantages of drugs, and many community polls support fair play, also for health reasons.

Last edited:
Thanks [MENTION=6618]spartacus[/MENTION]; I was considering starting such a poll.

Yeah, the record smashing race was on when the iron curtain was still standing strong.
Back then was all about what ever it takes b/a the west and the commies.
That subsided as the curtain fell and it's more about the sport (and money) now.

genics, I think it is now very hard to beat tests.

Just look at the superstars now being caught.

This week Joshua Ross was caught out for avoiding three tests.

I also meant to add non-testing methods for catching people out, including use of information.

genics, I think it is now very hard to beat tests.

Just look at the superstars now being caught.

This week Joshua Ross was caught out for avoiding three tests.

I also meant to add non-testing methods for catching people out, including use of information.

what do you think of Money Bill Williams Chris?

When he was in his late teens he was quite huge, particularly for a back rower who does a lot of cardio.

If it looks too good to be true ...........

SBW, great athlete subject to a lot of drug testing.

You can go a long way without drugs, assuming he is clean.

Not far off a test for insulin metabolites, the metabolites from insulin produced by pharma companies and pure human insulin are different.

It's very difficult to beat the tests if you are on gear whilst taking the test, if you don't have out of season testing it's quite easy.

most of the testing in the blood passport looks at things that abnormal , if you're blood suddenly changes compared to your last testing it is a sure fire sign that you are doping and questions are asked

Isn't this ONE of the reasons TRT is such a rort. You can keep your test levels at consistently high levels but just under the illegal mark and not fail a drug test. Normal peoples test ebbs and flows.

Isn't this one of the reasons Lance Armstrong never failed a drug test.

yeh cyclists love to keep their test levels just right at the top of the range and infact this is best for the sport, to much gear would hinder your progress. you want that perfect balance between sextra strength/recovery and no side effects/pumps etc. A highish testosterone delivers this for athletes. Throw in some inulsin, epo, pepties..done