• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Personal trainers of Ausbb - Australian bodybuilding

Admin

Administrator. Graeme
Staff member
How do you deal with a client who has burned out? How do you keep them motivated?

Can someone please tell me what fitness instructors or pts are actually trying to teach their clients, judging by your regular joe who attends gyms today, one cannot help but be flabergarsted at what most people do in the gym. Most people cannot bench to a full range of motion and to see some of the exercises people are doing. I have always based my training around compound movements, weider system type stuff, why is there so much crap being done in gyms.

Go back to their goals. Either they have changed or were misinterpreted in the first place.

Find a goal that they can work towards or agree that they no longer want a trainer.

I was a PT for 7 years....I would tell them to take time off from gym/exercise. Take a 2 week holiday/break then get them back in the gym doing shorter workouts...again depending on what they are trying to achieve and what the exact reason they burnt out is. What I use to find is that most clients who are 'burnt out' have been over training in general.

I was a PT for 7 years....I would tell them to take time off from gym/exercise. Take a 2 week holiday/break then get them back in the gym doing shorter workouts...again depending on what they are trying to achieve and what the exact reason they burnt out is. What I use to find is that most clients who are 'burnt out' have been over training in general.

What constitutes "burnt out"?