• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Bulk Nutrients Review

0ni

Registered Rustler
I've been using BN now since I won member of the month and they sent me a free kilo of WPI. Here is a list of what I have bought from them and what I think.

Whey protein concentrate
Very good, mixes easy. Chocolate and chocolate based flavours are the only tolerable ones though, imo. Cookies and cream just tastes like sucralose. 5/5, can't find fault here.

Micellar casein
Same as the whey, mixes great. 5/5

Egg protein
Unflavoured and doesn't mix too well. But, if you mix it and leave it to stand by some magic it's fully mixed. I prefer a blended protein so added this in. For those interested, I used a 2:1:1 ratio of whey:casein:egg. More expensive than liquid egg whites though but can't beat it for convenience. 4/5 simply because of the price.

Noopept
Discontinued now, but 10mg pre-workout has me figuring out technical errors in my lift incredibly fast. I legitimately believe this makes you smarter and it's a shame it was discontinued. 5/5

Leucine
Add 1g to my shakes. It's leucine, what else is there to say? 5/5

Calcium Caseinate
Terrible product, doesn't mix, tastes like shit. 1/5

Casein Hydrolysates
Again, fucking terrible. Just get BCAAs in all honesty. 1/5

5-HTP, acetyl tyrosine
Branching these together. 100mg of 5-HTP and 2g of the tyrosine first thing in the morning legitimately makes me high and I can't help but smile and be happy. 5/5, this combo especially is truly amazing. The tyrosine doesn't taste too good, mix it in water and it's tolerable but better in a shake

Electrolytes
Very good, especially with the high potassium content which is what I am after. Unfortunately though I left this in my car overnight, sealed and it solidified into a block which needed grinding again. Also, no scoop was in my package and this has happened to me twice now! 4/5, it's not really BN fault that it solidifies in heat but some warning would be good

Overall, I feel like BN is the top supplement company in Australia in all honesty. I have no issues recommending them and have been responsible for more than 5 people ordering from them that's for sure. Just make sure you save your scoops just in case, I have a nice collection now.

I am interested in your comments about 5-HTP, acetyl tyrosine. Firstly, is the acetyl tyrosine same as L-tyrosine (which is what I have)? Mine doesn't taste like anything at all, it's a completely tasteless powder. And doesn't the 5-HTP make you sleepy? That's why I am wary about taking it during the day, only before bed and on an empty stomach.

I am interested in your comments about 5-HTP, acetyl tyrosine. Firstly, is the acetyl tyrosine same as L-tyrosine (which is what I have)? Mine doesn't taste like anything at all, it's a completely tasteless powder. And doesn't the 5-HTP make you sleepy? That's why I am wary about taking it during the day, only before bed and on an empty stomach.

I am also interested, can you elaborate on the effects you notice when taking these Oni, if you don't mind? :)

Sure
Acetyl tyrosine feels exactly the same as l-tyrosine- you just need less.
5-HTP doesn't make you "sleepy" but you will sleep better.

5-HTP is a precursor to serotonin which is the happiness neurotransmitter. It's also what tells your muscles how hard they should fire (choline gives the signal).
Tyrosine is a precursor to dopamine, the bodies feel good neurotransmitter and adrenaline which you know what that is.

When combined, it's very similar to how you feel on ecstasy but without the massive stimulant effect. You just can't help but smile and hunger is suppressed. Combine it with caffeine and it's great pre-workout. Now heavy training will deplete levels of adrenaline, serotonin and dopamine in your body. Everyone has heard of the Smolov flu- well this is simply low levels of your neurotransmitters. My hypothesis is that overtraining is simply depleted neurotransmitters as well as inflammation and keeping both in check has allowed me to train with limit weights, 1-2x a day and recover just fine

Highly recommended. I take the combo upon waking and again pre-training if I feel like I need the boost

Nice one cheers Oni! Never heard of the Smolov flu but have certainly felt the effects of hard training in the day(s) afterwards.

Yeah
Also, I forgot one

ZMA
I was getting mad cramping and thought it was a sodium issue. It wasn't, instead it was magnesium. The electrolytes had some magnesium but made me hella bloated upping the amount I took so I got the ZMA. One at night = no more cramping. 5/5 did exactly what I wanted. I think I get better sleep as well, hard to tell really. B6 and zinc are always good too

Sure
Acetyl tyrosine feels exactly the same as l-tyrosine- you just need less.
5-HTP doesn't make you "sleepy" but you will sleep better.

5-HTP is a precursor to serotonin which is the happiness neurotransmitter. It's also what tells your muscles how hard they should fire (choline gives the signal).
Tyrosine is a precursor to dopamine, the bodies feel good neurotransmitter and adrenaline which you know what that is.

When combined, it's very similar to how you feel on ecstasy but without the massive stimulant effect. You just can't help but smile and hunger is suppressed. Combine it with caffeine and it's great pre-workout. Now heavy training will deplete levels of adrenaline, serotonin and dopamine in your body. Everyone has heard of the Smolov flu- well this is simply low levels of your neurotransmitters. My hypothesis is that overtraining is simply depleted neurotransmitters as well as inflammation and keeping both in check has allowed me to train with limit weights, 1-2x a day and recover just fine

Highly recommended. I take the combo upon waking and again pre-training if I feel like I need the boost
You had me at ecstasy