• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Amazing consultee results

0ni

Registered Rustler
Bill contacted me early September, 12 weeks out from his deadlift only meet.
He is in his late 30s or early 40s, I forget which, has several kids and works a full time job as a lawyer or something like that.

His personal best in the deadlift was 455lb and weighed 170lb
He was following 5x5, with some other weekly deadlift program found online for deadlifts instead of the 5x5. This ended in the 455lb pull and then tweaked his traps.

I started him off on 6 days a week training, front squatting twice a week, deadlifting twice or thrice a week, one heavy, medium and light and a similar set up for overhead pressing. I gave him some pointers on his technique and got him doing kettlebell swings on the regular.
He started for the heavy days at 80% of his best and did sets of 4, adding small weight each session and working up like that going down in reps as it got heavier.

Bill's training however was faced with one adversity after another. His competition was on the 7th December. For the week of 2-8th of November he couldn't train because he was at a conference. By the 27th September, his life and family got in the way and he had to turn the intensity down a bit, doing more reps per set. He still hit rep PBs the following few days though. Late October, he got sick with the flu yet still managed to hit rep maxes in the 5-9 rep range. By November 19th, he was on antibiotics and needed to make drastic training changes. I should note that this was his decision, not mine and I just let him make the changes that he felt needed and offered no input.

On the 20th November, I got him to start keto dieting with as many calories as he felt necessary and gave him a tapering routine similar to Sheiko based on the volume that he had done.

He was competing at a 2 hour weigh in with an IPF bar. He weighed in at 158.4lb and lifted 474lb going 3 for 3. He dropped close to 5 and a half kilo and got a massive 19lb PB on his deadlift - a 4% increase.

Bill wasn't busy worrying about carryover, his CNS, loading protocols for the squat versus the bench, what particular minute adjustment to his bench form he could agonize over, or any of the other stupid shit with which "lifters" find themselves preoccupied these days. He made himself stronger so that he would be stronger, in spite of whatever bullshit life happened to throw in his way, be it stress, work, family or viral and bacterial infection.

1017045_783979778284699_1019890357_n.jpg

When is your ebook coming out so I can download it on the sly and give up reading it after the intro.

Considering I think most people need a coach like they need ebola and I just tell people to work hard, believe in themselves, cut out the bullshit and stop doing dumb shit like 5/3/1, 5x5 and think for themselves- the 7th of Never

You guys are hilarious, hating on a dude that sets a 4% PB in 12 weeks despite being older, having work commitments, getting ill and dropping 15lb in body weight

It was me being the consultant that you have a problem with? Go fuck yourself- this was all Bill

It was me being the consultant that you have a problem with? Go fuck yourself- this was all Bill

Relax man, it was just a jab the "strength/fitness/online money making" stuff that gets watered down as each new amazing ebook or program comes out.