• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

crossfit doco -Crossfit: Every Second Counts

Admin

Administrator. Graeme
Staff member
Every Second Counts takes an inside look at the CrossFit culture and community, where time on a stopwatch reigns as the supreme measure of performance. Those who reach the elite ranks in the burgeoning sport of CrossFit push themselves beyond limitations imposed by the mind and flirt with the limits of physical capacity. Human perseverance has never voluntarily gone this far.

The film chronicles the dramatic journey of five athletes as they prepare for and compete in the most comprehensive test of fitness on the planet, the CrossFit Games. The road to this grueling two-day program of extreme challenges reveals what it takes to be the best in the world. The climactic finish, with its surprising turn of events, shows beyond any doubt that the winner of the CrossFit Games is the fittest person on earth.

Crossfit: Every Second Counts - YouTube

The climactic finish, with its surprising turn of events, shows beyond any doubt that the winner of the CrossFit Games is the fittest person on earth.

Really, is this fact or fiction?

me think winner is merely best crossfitter in world.

"Is it a good cult? Yeah. Its a fitness cult, its making you better. is it a cult? Yeah it is"

Last edited:
cults generally have a message they are trying to push onto people, crossfit is a bunch of people trying to be all round good at all aspects of fitness,

how is it a cult?

Sorry - that is a quote from the doco, not necessarily my own opinion. One of the competitors says it and names the reasons as:

• Special diet
  • Certain terminology that only people in the cult understand (e.g FRAN)
  • Special clothing
  • Having a central meeting place that is your community (cross fit boxes where socializing happens)

The climactic finish, with its surprising turn of events, shows beyond any doubt that the winner of the CrossFit Games is the fittest person on earth.

Really, is this fact or fiction?

me think winner is merely best crossfitter in world.

no real different then powerlifting , bodybuilding , baseball that have world champs catergory

yes, but others refer to being world champ in their own sport.

Crossfit fitness is only specific to crossfit.

I would say same to other sports claiming titles, say decathlete being best athlete in world. They are merely best decathletes, albeit that all champions of sport re good in their own right.

Guy who won last three crossfit chams is indeed, a very good athlete, but only champion crossfitter.

yes, but others refer to being world champ in their own sport.

Crossfit fitness is only specific to crossfit.

I would say same to other sports claiming titles, say decathlete being best athlete in world. They are merely best decathletes, albeit that all champions of sport re good in their own right.

Guy who won last three crossfit chams is indeed, a very good athlete, but only champion crossfitter.

would be curious if you can think of anyone who would have a better all round fitness level than rich froning, I think the fact that the crossfit games can and do put any sports into there games that your general all round fitness has to be pretty good, they have had swimming, mountain biking, softball throwing, ropeclimbing,the first workout this year was a 21km row, all weird shit and to back it up you need fairly high level olympic lifts, the elite guys are freaks

it is really hard to compare different sports.

plenty of sportsmen have all round fitness, say strength and endurance (canoeists, rowers, boxers), but mastery of crossfit skills would take a lot of practice.

I don't think kipping, or whatever it is called, would be a priority for sportspeople outside crossfit. Nor do I think too many sports are concerned with learning full snatch and full clean and jerks.

what a crap doco from the word go. 3L40 into it.. lady says.. oh yeah he eats really clean no sugar, lots of fruit and vege.....

what a crap doco from the word go. 3L40 into it.. lady says.. oh yeah he eats really clean no sugar, lots of fruit and vege.....

14 min in.... the crossfit clients have the best pull up form i ever seen....NOT

Sigh..

A gymnast would use a kip, that's where it comes from

Crossfit is a test of fitness, hence the claim, fittest on Earth, it's purpose is not to find the best athlete. It is claimed that a Crossfit athlete may not beat other athletes in their own domain, but will crush them in any other. Yeah, there are a lot of skills to learn, but without the skills, how could you claim to be the fittest? Rich Froning missed out on the 2010 title due to not being able to climb a rope in the final event.

The clip is from the 2008 Games, Jason Kalipa, an unknown, won back then, this year he took 2nd spot.