• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Is crossfit dangerous?

BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA...
That video..

omg.. that's awesome..

gotta watch it again..

edit - lol.. still funny.

besides dropping it on her head, her form was pretty good,
every sport has its risks, crossfit is no standout for danger, I had more injurys from indoor soccor than crossfit,

We had a big comp where I live on the weekend, went along to watch and support the crew I train. I'm not sure how many injuries there were over the whole weekend (a 2 day event) but I was there for about 3hrs or so on the first day. We had one serious team (teams of 6) trying to place well, the rest were there for fun only. I was watching one of our guys do 20 sumo Deadlift high pull with a 36kg kettlebell and 10 box jumps, he then tags the partner, they do the same and you get as many rounds as possible in 15mins. His first round he did the kettlebell work, then about 4 box jumps in he snapped his achellies. He was competing for fun. Wonder how many weeks off work that will be? Could of happened in any weekend sport event? Sure.
Another injury from our team, one of our guys was doing a power snatch, gripped the bar with a hook grip tight and ripped the tendon from his thumb and broke the bone, it's now in a cast.

The problems I see with Crossfit:
1. Everyone thinks they are an athlete. If you qualify for regionals you are an intermediate athlete. If you qualify for the Crossfit games, you are a legit athlete. Outside of this, you are exercising. Just because you can drive a car doesn't make you an F1 champion.
2. Everyone says to leave the ego at the door, no one ever does. Same goes for mechanics, consistency and intensity, everyone preaches it, no one follows it. It's a great prescription, imagine if it was followed.
3. The money. It's always about the money. Someone said to me other day, we need to find a way to make some good money. I suggest selling something to Crossfitters. The weekend comp cost $80 per person to enter, $480 per team and there were over 30 teams registered, do the math. Oh, and judges etc were all volunteers, so you don't need to pay them ;)
4. Crossfitters will defend Crossfit to the death, right or wrong, Crossfit, and everyone that preaches Crossfit is right

There are things right about Crossfit too....but I'll save that for another time

We had a big comp where I live on the weekend, went along to watch and support the crew I train. I'm not sure how many injuries there were over the whole weekend (a 2 day event) but I was there for about 3hrs or so on the first day. We had one serious team (teams of 6) trying to place well, the rest were there for fun only. I was watching one of our guys do 20 sumo Deadlift high pull with a 36kg kettlebell and 10 box jumps, he then tags the partner, they do the same and you get as many rounds as possible in 15mins. His first round he did the kettlebell work, then about 4 box jumps in he snapped his achellies. He was competing for fun. Wonder how many weeks off work that will be? Could of happened in any weekend sport event? Sure.
Another injury from our team, one of our guys was doing a power snatch, gripped the bar with a hook grip tight and ripped the tendon from his thumb and broke the bone, it's now in a cast.

The problems I see with Crossfit:
1. Everyone thinks they are an athlete. If you qualify for regionals you are an intermediate athlete. If you qualify for the Crossfit games, you are a legit athlete. Outside of this, you are exercising. Just because you can drive a car doesn't make you an F1 champion.

There are things right about Crossfit too....but I'll save that for another time

so if you regularly compete in crossfit comps but dont make regional you are not an athlete, thats like saying club level football players that dont make state level arnt athletes,

So if I compete in Crossfit Comps all the time and come dead last in everything, I'm still an athlete? Because I compete?

For me the word Athlete comes with some sort of high performance tag and elite level

So if I compete in Crossfit Comps all the time and come dead last in everything, I'm still an athlete? Because I compete?

For me the word Athlete comes with some sort of high performance tag and elite level

No, it just means you're consistant, LOL.

This thread has been highroaded.

big difference between coming dead last and making regionals