• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Cranbourne bodybuilder overcomes loss of baby to mix it on national stage

Admin

Administrator. Graeme
Staff member
018511-a842687e-4cb1-11e3-970d-5124dba5b125.jpg

LISA King was devastated at the loss of her week-old premature daughter, Piper Amy, in December 2011. But the terrible loss has also inspired her to an outstanding achievement in body building.
Ms King, now a personal trainer, finished second in the Australian Natural Bodybuilding Association's Victorian championships, in the bikini division, 30-and-over category.
Ms King's award follows her decision to honour the memory of her premature child by becoming a healthy role model for *other mothers.
"I was very badly shaken by the loss of Piper," Ms King said.
"I had to do something to restore my physical and emotional wellbeing.
"So I started walking."
Ms King now walks up to one hour a day and spends about five hours a week in the gym.
"Walking made everything seem that little more bearable," she said.
"I found it was a great way to take time out to stop and get some perspective while exercising."
"I do a lot of weight work, cross fitness and boot camps, but I walk for my mind and that's what I'd like to inspire other women to do."
Ms King is planning to *enter further fitness model competitions in March.
"Competition at state level is expensive and I'm hoping to find sponsorships to help meet the cost," she said.
"I teach personal fitness and that helps."