• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Low Carb Chicken Rogan Josh

0ni

Registered Rustler
This, my friends, is the fucking tits. Perfect for a higher calorie keto day. Mine is in the fridge just sitting right now waiting for me to finish cooking and eat later tonight.

You will need:
Chicken wings or whatever cut you like. Wings is best because wings are the best. There is no dispute here, no ifs or buts wings are the second coming of Jesus there is no denying it. They come in packs of 2kg and I ate 500g of them for lunch so This is made with 1.5kg of wings.
Pataks Rogan Josh Source
An onion
Ginger
Garam Masala (fucking amazing, combination of peppercorns, cloves, cinnamon, cardamom and cumin, all of which have shown to reduce inflammation significantly along with ginger. Perfect for training. Spice your food already)
Chillies in the jar
Whole cumin seeds
Mustard seeds
Coriander seeds
Butter
Olive oil

OK so you start by brazing the wings, skin side down. You're not cooking them in the pan you're just browning them a little. This softens them and the muscles all relax and you'll get some nice chicken oils in the pan. When this is done put them on a plate.

Add the cumin seeds and mustard seeds and coriander seeds. A tablespoon of each is good. Also the earlier you do this the better. Morning or previous evening. Crank it up high and keep it moving while you chop your onion. Eventually yo shit will start popping all over the place and this is when you add the onion along with some olive oil. Turn it right down and keep stirring it until the onions start to go clear. Then you add the garam masala, ginger and chillies. Again, a tablespoon is about right of each. Then add the Pataks sauce along with some butter. Two fingers is about right and melt that shit all in and keep stirring it. I'll put some water in the jar and shake it and pour that in so I get all of it. It says serves 3 and give a recipe for 350g of lamb but it's a lie.

By now it will be smelling pretty dank and you'll be hungry so put about half of the sauce in the bottom of the pot then add the brazed chicken skin side down in your curry pot so that it all at the bottom and not sitting on top of each other. Then cover the tops of the chicken in the rest of the sauce and make sure you have full coverage. You'll need to brush the sauce around a little most likely it's OK. It's quite a dry curry.

Leave it in the fridge and cook it when you want it. 30 minutes on a low heat (150 fan forced) is good. You want to cook it pretty slow that's how it gets really dank honestly. No need to stir it all all you can just leave it there stewing away. A slow cooker is pretty ideal for this if you have a wide one but mine is deep and I can't get that "sea" of chicken you want. So I use a tajine.

To serve it up just put it all in a big ass wide bowl/plate. Then you have a smaller plate and you pick out the wings and eat them with your hands obviously and when you're done you also have a pretty awesome soup left over. The soup has all the good nutrients and fats, proteins etc in so if you're bulking or after a lot of calories and goodness you want to eat the left over juices really all the goodness is in there.

I'll add a picture of the finished product later, maybe around 9pm

Last edited:
Hilariously, yes- about 25% in weight. Wings are 16% fat in weight, plus the sauces, oils and butter
65-70% of the calories are from fat.

Chicken rogan josh made from 2kg of wings
Roughly 5000kcal (21,000kj)
360g of protein
Less than 30g of carbs
Ate the whole lot for dinner

Y6fVgyN.jpg

How long does it take to get down the 5000kcal?

Less than 20 minutes. I was still hungry after and I had a few handfulls of nuts just now before bed
When shoving down the calories, time is of the essence. After 45 minutes my body just taps out and says "fuck it, I'm done".

One day I will attempt to eat 10,000kcal in a sitting and I'll film it all live

Less than 20 minutes. I was still hungry after and I had a few handfulls of nuts just now before bed
When shoving down the calories, time is of the essence. After 45 minutes my body just taps out and says "fuck it, I'm done".

One day I will attempt to eat 10,000kcal in a sitting and I'll film it all live

20 minutes is no time at all for the entire days whole foods.

Eating fatty meats is a hell of a lot easier though. Takes me 40 minutes to get through 700kcal worth of fucking eggs and porridge.

Whats your quam on chicken wings over drumsticks, drumsticks are still cheap as shit, more meat on the bone, bigger bone and taste even better.

20 minutes is no time at all for the entire days whole foods.

Eating fatty meats is a hell of a lot easier though. Takes me 40 minutes to get through 700kcal worth of fucking eggs and porridge.

Whats your quam on chicken wings over drumsticks, drumsticks are still cheap as shit, more meat on the bone, bigger bone and taste even better.

I prefer the taste of wings to drumsticks. Generally the closer to the bone I like them. I dig into drumsticks and I'm just like UH REALLY? The macros are also way inferior compared to wings. 1kg of wings = 160g of fats. 1kg of drumsticks = 90g of fats.

Also with keto dieting, you can really pack the food away. The protein will spike your insulin, but you're not taking in dietary glucose, so you go a little hypo and pretty much just get hungrier and hungrier as the meal progresses. Amazing how evolution came up with that one yeah?

When I carb up in 45 minutes I'll get through two large meatlovers pizzas, 500g each. Then I am pretty much done. I then have to go for something REALLY tasty like ice cream or sweet potato fries and will have to nibble away for 2 hours until the carb up is over. At the end of this I am at about 3000-3500kcal....

If you want a low carb version of rice to emulate a proper curry experience, try finely blending up some cauliflower and warm it up in the microwave.

If you want a low carb version of rice to emulate a proper curry experience, try finely blending up some cauliflower and warm it up in the microwave.

Yep. Works ok, low calories, I used to do that when I ate low carb. Its really nothing like rice though. Rice is heaps better.

Thanks mate, this is a big help. I was looking for a way to add substance to my shit and this seems perfect.

Thanks mate, this is a big help. I was looking for a way to add substance to my shit and this seems perfect.

It works well just throwing a heap into the slow cooker with what ever you are cooking as it just disintegrates and thickens the sauce.

It works well just throwing a heap into the slow cooker with what ever you are cooking as it just disintegrates and thickens the sauce.

Yeah, I was looking for something to absorb all the juices and shit so I don't have to just drink them after.

Rice is WAY better, don't get me wrong. I love my basmati rice.

To further enhance the illusion, add some saffron or a teaspoon of turmeric for orange or yellow colouring.

I cant eat wings, they don't look appetising at all and there hard work for such little meat. I will attempt this with drumsticks however.