• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Blood test results - check up - ok?

jj80

Got my blood test results back, wondering if these are allright. Test seems on the low side but normal. I did this cause I was tired, have a fairly low sex drive, and was on meds when I was younger for something that have the side effect of affecting your hormonal levels. I don't do steroids or anything (but I do drink a lot of coffee... obviously not before the blood test though)

Thyroid stim hormone: 2.0mU/L (0.4-4.00)
Luteinizing hormone: 8 U/L (3-20)
Follicle stimulating hormone: 11 U/L (3-20)
Testosterone: 17nmol/L (10.0-33.0)

There was other stuff tested - cholesterol a bit high, and some vitamins but everything seemed normal.

Red cell folate assay was 1175nmol/L, (545-3370)
Serum vitamin b12 assay - 590pmol/L (162-811)

Normal ranges in brackets. Allright?

Is 17 really normal for a 33 year old?

If 10-33 is the range I would have thought comparing it with the average would be a better idea? Half way between 10 and 33 is 21.5.

I am below average at a time in my life I thought I should be above average still.

I'll contact my doc soon... In the meantime please tell me if/how I'm wrong, just thinking out loud a bit here. [MENTION=4221]Sticky[/MENTION]; would value your opinion if you're still around.

It's not the average it is the range that is considered normal.

Average is something completely different, if the average person is dying does not mean that you want to be average, if the average person in Australia is obese does not mean you want to be average, but you want to be in the healthy range, not average.

You are well within that range, even at 11 you are still within that range.

Plus your blood test is nothing but a snap shot of what it was that second when your blood got taken, your readings this minute or even an hour afterwards could be and most likely are completely different.

Your blood and hormone reading will change minute to minute all day long, depending on time of day, stress, what you have eaten, what you are doing, what you are experiencing, how you feel etc etc

Last edited: