• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Bodyweight Bench For Reps!

Admin

Administrator. Graeme
Staff member
This challenge is to see how many times you can bench your bodyweight for reps.

Rules:
-Full ROM only. Chest to lockout.
-Touch and go style is ok.
-Glutes must be on the bench. No airborne ass.
-Weight of bar has to be MINIMUM of your bodyweight. If you weigh 177, no benching 175. Find fractional plates or round to 180.
-Test is how many bench reps you can get in one set. No racking. Pausing for breath is ok.
-Competition runs indefinitely.

i weigh in at between 77kg and 78kg, pushed 80kg x 10 last week, no worries haha will have another go this week

In... Was still fatigued from training the day before, was hoping for a few more still pleased though.

[youtube]bjNv2JZ8H60[/youtube]

Did this yesterday, got 70kg x 14 @ BW 69.2kg no video though... Might have another go next week..

Did full ROM and bum on the bench, bench presses today as per [MENTION=1]Admin[/MENTION]; opening post.
Weighed in at 98kg. 15 reps on 100kg. Looking at the video it looks like I had a couple more in me...
[Youtube]YPMu-vVCyIA[/YouTube]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's harder than I thought!! I've been doing madcow for bench and it's max of 5 reps. Doing good numbers there & thought I'd get to 20 no prob!! Not to be this time!!

Here's the vid anyway with 19 reps w/100kg on the bench

PS our cat was obviously impressed lol

[youtube]HinhGjDYaRY[/YouTube]

Last edited:
27 x 100kg @ about 97kg bwt

8 months ago. As this about progression, consider me the biggest loser at this point in time

Bench press 100kg x 27 - YouTube

Good stuff mate, you got 30 in you easy.

It's harder than I thought!! I've been doing madcow for bench and it's max of 5 reps. Doing good numbers there & thought I'd get to 20 no prob!! Not to be this time!!

Here's the vid anyway with 19 reps w/100kg on the bench

PS our cat was obviously impressed lol

[youtube]HinhGjDYaRY[/YouTube]

So close to 20! Next time for sure.

well done Taurus, I can see you smashing 20 very soon.

well done vonframm, 27 is the standard.

Admin could you please put up a list in first post for those who provide video evidence of reps.

Last edited:
well done Taurus, I can see you smashing 20 very soon.

well done vonframm, 27 is the standard.

Admin could you please put up a list in first post for those who provide video evidence of reps.

30 is the standard - Ink is a bench freak!