• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

bulk cooking healthy meals

Admin

Administrator. Graeme
Staff member
Does anyone have experience/recipes for healthy "cooking a week at a time"

Peanut Butter Baked Oatmeal

I've found this on dessertswithbenefits. It looks like the perfect snack for the week, sugar free, high fiber, high protein, eggless, gluten free, vegan. You can also make your own peanut butter with a bit of extra time.

Enjoy

Peanut Butter Baked Oatmeal
Yield: 9 servings

Ingredients

192g (2 cups) Old Fashioned Rolled Oats
62g (1/2 cup) Peanut Flour
13g (2 tbs) Ground Flaxseed
1 tsp Baking Powder
1-2 tsp Cinnamon (to taste)
1 tsp Salt
185g (3/4 cup) Unsweetened Applesauce
64g (1/4 cup) Natural Peanut Butter (no sugar/oil added)
2 tsp Stevia Extract
2 cups Unsweetened Vanilla Soy Milk

Instructions
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and line a 9" brownie pan with parchment paper both ways.
In a large bowl, stir together the oats, peanut flour, flax, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
In a small bowl, stir together the applesauce, peanut butter and stevia extract. Whisk in the milk. Pour the wet ingredients over the dry ingredients and stir well, for about 3 minutes.
Pour batter into the prepared pan and bake for ~40 minutes, or until the surface springs back when tapped.
Let cool slightly, then serve!

I found this before.
Balsamic, Basil and Bacon Brussels Sprouts

Ingredients:
1/3 pound bacon diced
1 large sweet onion diced
24 oz Brussel sprouts washed, trimmed and cut in half
1/3 bottle Willamette Valley Balsamic and Basil Vinaigrette
Directions:
Sauté bacon in a large skillet over medium heat until almost crisp. Remove all bacon fat, but about 1 tablespoon from skillet. I find the easiest way to do this is by scooting the bacon to one side and to place some wadded up paper towels in the bacon fat allowing them to absorb the fat and then remove the towels with tongs.
Place the diced onion in the skillet and sauté until soft. While sautéing, scrape up the brown bits from bottom of skillet.
Prepare the sprouts while bacon and onion are sautéing. Place in a 1 gallon ziplock bag. Place bacon, onion and vinaigrette in bag. Close bag and thoroughly coat sprout. Place in a single layer on baking sheet. I line the sheet with foil for easy clean-up. Place sheet in a preheated 400 degree oven. Roast for twenty minutes.

This is one of my favorite, just want to share this with you.

I cook all of my food usually in 5 day blocks.

I try not to get too fancy with it, pretty basic (boring) but it works!

I usually don't cook bulk meals for the week as the missus gets sick of the same thing, but when I cook avt night I make extra so lunches are covered for the next day at least.

Pick a meat, some vege. Chuck in slow cooker. Dump in a heap of spices. Soy sauce. Rice in rice cooker.

Play computer games.

Put food in to bowls. Take over work fridge with my tupperware

Pick a meat, some vege. Chuck in slow cooker. Dump in a heap of spices. Soy sauce. Rice in rice cooker.

Play computer games.

Put food in to bowls. Take over work fridge with my tupperware

Dis...

'cept sub computer games with 'myself' and you're there ;)

Every time I think "I should cook meals for the week" I end up with chicken and pasta or rice... I need some cooking creativity.n

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

I have 2 pressure cookers, 8l and 4l. On sunday I always cook up enough food for the coming weekdays.

Last sunday I cooked this: Dhal Bhat Tarkari Recipe - Taste.com.au
I substituted lamb for beef. Also so I don't eat the same thing all week, I broiled some chicken cuts marinated in my special miso marinate.

All up I cooked about 5kg of meat.

I have 2 pressure cookers, 8l and 4l. On sunday I always cook up enough food for the coming weekdays.

Last sunday I cooked this: Dhal Bhat Tarkari Recipe - Taste.com.au
I substituted lamb for beef. Also so I don't eat the same thing all week, I broiled some chicken cuts marinated in my special miso marinate.

All up I cooked about 5kg of meat.

What is a pressure cooker man? Are they better then slow cooker?

Fuck me thats a monsssssster!! U mad bastard i wan one, are Pressure cooker btter though? How do they differ lke dofferent foods orrr?

Fuck me thats a monsssssster!! U mad bastard i wan one, are Pressure cooker btter though? How do they differ lke dofferent foods orrr?

Apart from cooking faster my knowledge on pressure cookers is limited. I like my slow cooker too much so haven't bothered with a pressure cooker yet.

The big advantage of pressure cookers are that they cook faster. I cooked a bunch of lentils, not soaked in 7min. Of course, it takes a while to come up to pressure. The bigger the pressure cooker the longer it takes. That's why I have two sizes.

Because of the higher pressure the temperature in pressure cooker is a lot higher then it usually would be.

It uses less energy, it also suits my lifestyle better. I don't have time in the morning to prepare ingredients in slow cooker. My commute to work is about 1.5-2hours each way. It's nice to be able to blast a cut of gravy beef or chuck stake into tender meal in 30min after work.

They are 2nd best method to retain nutrients in your food after steam cooking. The worst is microwave and slow cooker are slightly better. It's to do with the amount of time you expose the food to heat. The longer the Moore vitamins are lost. Microwave are worst for different reason all together.

There's a lot more...

I'll find it later but I've seen information showing the microwave is actually one of the best for retaining nutrients.

I'll find it later but I've seen information showing the microwave is actually one of the best for retaining nutrients.

You are correct, I must have had some kind of a brain fart. I meant to say boiling is one of the worst. Just got to be careful with microwave not to overcook food, but that goes for any method, it's just easier with microwave.

Compares benefits of different cooking methods:
http://www.nestleprofessional.com/u...nts/nutripro/2808_nutripro_2_cooking_meth.pdf

More about pressure cooking:
3 pressure cooker nutrition myths that just won’t go away… ’till now | hip pressure cooking

And effects of different cooking methods on broccoli, I have not read it yet, but I will read this later:
Effects of different cooking methods on health-promoting compounds of broccoli