• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

AC/DC pre Bon Scott

Admin

Administrator. Graeme
Staff member
AC/DC - Can I Sit Next To You Girl (1974) - YouTube

AC/DC's promo-video for the debut single 'Can I Sit Next To You Girl' (July, 1974).

Note: Before watching this video, do keep in mind that it was Malcom and Angus's idea to get the band to dress up in glam outfits. This was the first direction AC/DC took when they started out. The other three are not entirely to blame. This was the third incarnation of AC/DC with a line-up consisting of
Dave Evans (vocals), Angus Young (guitar), Malcolm Young (guitar), Rob Bailey (bass)and Peter Clack (drums).

Dave Evans says the following about the promo-video:
'That is the only video of me with ACDC that I know of. It was shot at The Last Pictue Show in Cronulla which was an old movie theatre converted into a venue. We played there with Sherbet on a couple of occasions too. The venue was closed to visitors at the time so that we could shoot it'.

Like many other AC/DC members Dave, Peter and Rob were kicked out of the band. However, Dave Evans did continue having success with his own band Rabbit (see NZOZ1975 and NZOZ1976) and is still touring and recording.

Trivia: Angus Young was 19 (not 15, like I initially thought he was) and had quit schooling at Sydney's Ashfield Boys High when 'Can I Sit Next To You Girl' was released. Though most people believe the 'A' on Angus' cap is an abbreviation of his name; it in fact, an abbreviation for Ashfield Boys.

Band Location: Sydney, NSW, Australia
Track: Can I Sit Next To You Girl
Album: non album track
Composed by: Angus and Malcolm Young
Produced by: Harry Vanda / George Young
Label: Alberts Productions
Chart Position:
Release Date: July, 1974

Yeah the history of AC/DC is great, i have a couple of books whcih talk about the days prior to AC/DC and Bon Scott in the Valentines etc etc

We went to their last concert here (docklands), I was really dissapointed with the sound quality.

Yeah i have been to a concert everytime AC\DC have toured since 1988 when i was 11yo:eek:, but have to agree the sound at Docklands wasn't the best, just loud...

Yeah i have been to a concert everytime AC\DC have toured since 1988 when i was 11yo:eek:, but have to agree the sound at Docklands wasn't the best, just loud...

They only had sound coming from the stage, no speakers in the outer, so there was a half second delay, it was all out of sync, shit-house.