• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Centrelink's costly new logo is a no-go

Admin

Administrator. Graeme
Staff member
412311-6c1b2c16-3dfa-11e3-a7a8-fd7949ba8dc3.jpg

The new logo for Centrelink. Source: Supplied

IT'S the new Centrelink rainbow logo that cost taxpayers $4.6 million but nobody wants to own up to being the Mr Squiggle who signed off on the expenditure.

Despite ongoing complaints that Centrelink's call centres are understaffed, the Department of Human Services found millions of dollars for the logo update.
Announced by Centrelink on the social media site Twitter in February 2012, with a post stating: "We've got a new logo!'' the squiggle came with an eye-watering price tag.
First, departmental officials commissioned a $30,000 study into a new logo in 2010, when the Rudd-Gillard government merged Centrelink, Medicare and Child Support into one department, during the period former treasurer Chris Bowen was the responsible minister.

Centrelink's costly new logo is a no-go | News.com.au

$4.6 million for a fucking logo , fuck me , think i am in the wrong business

Government spending is beyond a joke, this is fucked.

They also funded a multi million dollar project for our license chips. I heard it involved sending people overseas to study how the Americans made licenses, then collaborating with every district in Australia to see how they wanted to do it... end result my license renewal per year goes up to $80-90 from $20.

Government spending is beyond a joke, this is fucked.

They also funded a multi million dollar project for our license chips. I heard it involved sending people overseas to study how the Americans made licenses, then collaborating with every district in Australia to see how they wanted to do it... end result my license renewal per year goes up to $80-90 from $20.
that's typical of doing a research trip overseas

who would sign their name on authorizing that logo would be up for sacking no wonder why they try and hide it. seriously some people in position of power needs to be prosecuted.

Eddie Obeid looks like him and his whole family should be frozen of assets. i am upset when people in position of trust from public to do the right thing only worries about their pockets.

I am sure the tool that changed the logo probaly assigned the design to his family friend who just graduated from kinder garden art class to come up with that genius idea of a logo lmao. anyone needs and extra rainbow coc* in the wheel ?

This sounds like there are some important facts left out.

Where is the breakdown of costs? If it included the whole re-branding i.e. new signs nation wide, new website, new educational and support material, new fit-outs instore etc, then I could see it adding up to this quite easily.

I highly doubt there is some graphic design company somewhere that got paid $4.6M to design a logo.

news.com.au, daily telegraph, smh, the australian - all dud papers/outlets that manipulate facts to "improve" their stories.

Where is the breakdown of costs? If it included the whole re-branding i.e. new signs nation wide, new website, new educational and support material, new fit-outs instore etc, then I could see it adding up to this quite easily.

I highly doubt there is some graphic design company somewhere that got paid $4.6M to design a logo.

news.com.au, daily telegraph, smh, the australian - all dud papers/outlets that manipulate facts to "improve" their stories.

it's happened before

I highly doubt there is some graphic design company somewhere that got paid $4.6M to design a logo..

Pretty much this:

But the big cost arrived in 2011 and 2012 when the Department of Human Services decided to take down the Centrelink signs featuring two outstretched hands and replace them with the new rainbow squiggle.

Replacing the signage on every Centrelink office in the country wouldn't be cheap... whether the expenditure is justifiable is another matter but it's not quite as outrageous as it first appears.