• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Ausbb FISHING Club

Admin

Administrator. Graeme
Staff member
If you love fishing, discuss anything about it here,

Questions
Experiences
Fishing Trip Reports.
Tackle
Rigs, knots
Boats
Fishing Spot & Secret Spots

------------------------------

I like the challenge of using light tackle , fighting with the fish playing with it , rather then just hurling it in

have a few good freshwater spots scattered around the area , one with a great sandbar and nice size yellow belly (good fish but they do get a bit fatty)

have a 12ft flat bottom (well my brothers now) , and a 12 foot savage jabiru, a cross between a flat and a v bottom

LOOOVE it don't get to do it much with work and other committments.

Will do more in the next 12 month that I did in the last (only went once and caught nothing:p)

Did some deep sea stuff the year before off Sydney, was great caught a few as well:)

This guy a know was taking me to this 'secret fishing spot' at the start of trout season, near Oberon NSW, was 4x4 access only and was a bit hairy getting there, when we pulled up there was about 100 people there already....so much for secret fishing spot!!

Last edited:
Love hitting the fresh water chasing bass in the kayak, got good bass waters around grafton so never have to go far.

Yeah I love fishing, just don't go nearly enough, but I am taking up fly fishing and gonna be taking the odd day off work every now and then for some me time and get away for some fishing....

If you love fishing, discuss anything about it here,

Questions-
Experiences
Fishing Trip Reports.
Tackle
Rigs, knots
Boats
Fishing Spot & Secret Spots

Fishing is probably higher on my priority than lifting lol
I had the luxury of fishing in the North West for years, and caught nearly everything on my wishlist. Marlin, Sailfish, Tiger Sharks, Tuna, Mackeral, GT''s and other trevally, Cobia, Coral Trout, Blue Bone, Chinaman, Red Emperor, Spangled Emperors, Rankin Cod, Scarlett Sea Perch, Mahi Mahi, Queenfish, Mack Tuna, Barramundi, Mangrove Jacks, Fingermark, Threadfin Salmon, Black Jewfish....the list goes on...
The only ones missing off the list are: Wahoo, Triple tail

I have some pretty awesome gear, from game reels to a Daiwa Dogfight that could stop just about anything....
My boat is a 5m plate ally, called heavy metal...has casting platform, underfloor storage, live bait tanks...10" sounder with side can :)

Now back in Perth, things are a little harder but still manage some good fishing, I prefer to use lures, jigs and plastics, and do quite well....
LOVE FISHING...

do a bit of murry cod fishing , always heard that eggs were good bail , theory was that bird eggs in the trees fell out of the nest and the cod ate them
then there was the stories of people catching cod and finding golf balls in them (supposely the cod mistook them for eggs)

so i thought what the heck i might try some eggs , so i hard boiled some eggs , put them it on the hook , when i cast out egg went in all directions , problem was i shelled the eggs before putting them on the line , lesson learnt lol

salt water fishing
down melbourne there is a place in williamstown call the hotties or warmies (depenind on what side of the tracks you come from) Warmies is the water coming out of a power station
one night there was a group of us down there fishing away , all with out suped up rigs and gear worth a bucket load , in trots this mum and kid with a 10 kmart special , that night the kid was the only person to catch anything

My grand father is a mad Murray cod fisher, he uses mice as bait, shave's their belly and araldite's a hook to them, he started using mice back when Aus had them big mice plagues never stopped, they love em.

Fish a lot around Sydney, mainly targeting kings and Jews and a few offshore tuna trips a year (all doughnuts this year despite very hot season)
Lazy sessions I go for bream etc

Very impressive dicko.. dogfights are bulletproof too (sick of hearing about Stellas aren't you)

Last edited:
New weapon is finally parked in the driveway :)

uqu4aneq.jpg

abyme5yz.jpg

ga6ajeza.jpg

Fuck, nice boat....

I am heading out in 2 weeks for my first fly fishing experience, looking forward to it, should be a challange....

Haha yeah they are a money black hole...this one has 3x the HP of my old boat, and probably 3x the $$$$

Yeah mate, a few times mostly with the kids which doesn't involve much fishing...
Went out the back of rottnest looking for Marlin and didn't get a sniff.

Lol, yeah make it tough with the kids! Had my young bloke, 2 x nephews and their mate out this morning down the river (4 boys under 7) - I spent a fair bit of time untangling lines!
Very jealous to be able to go out and chase marlin!

Went down the river for a fish out of my kayak for the first time yesterday, caught a real nice yellow belly but fuck me what a circus it was trying to get it into the kayak for a photo. River is up pretty high so current was strong, trying to steady the kayak and get the lure out, it had smashed all three trebles, dropped my brand new $50 pliers into the river (first time using the kunce) finally got the lure out hooked myself, was still trying to hold the landing net in one hand. Unhooked myself, getting the fish out of the net into the kayak and the kunce starts jumping around and spiked my, dropped the net into the river but hooked it with my rod and got it back. Would have looked bloody funny if anyone was on the bank watching.
good times.

I've done a lot of lighter gear stuff on the bream, participated in a few tournaments and got in with all the hype for a while.
Lately though I've just been hitting the beaches and sitting back waiting for a bite instead. Also using the kayak been heading off to offshore reefs catching crayfish, abalone and spearing a few bits and pieces. I'm not really into it as much as I was, life's become a little too busy, and it's hard to get around to all the places.

I've done a lot of lighter gear stuff on the bream, participated in a few tournaments and got in with all the hype for a while.
Lately though I've just been hitting the beaches and sitting back waiting for a bite instead. Also using the kayak been heading off to offshore reefs catching crayfish, abalone and spearing a few bits and pieces. I'm not really into it as much as I was, life's become a little too busy, and it's hard to get around to all the places.

Could always take barbell and plates fishing :) just be prepared to stop your set when your livey goes off