• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Low carb marinade

0ni

Registered Rustler
I want to make my own low carb marinade
I NEED it to be spicy as fuck- honestly I can't bear to eat any food unless it's hot enough to kill small mammals right now. Cayenne is my favourite spice

Anyone know of good recipes?

Had a bullshit good Carne Asada marinade (mexican beef marinade) but forgot the recipe.

For your meat use flank steak.

Corriander, garlic, chilli, lime zest + juice, kafir lime leaves, brown onion, black pepper, ground cumin, smoked paprika and/or any other spice you want to add (tabasco, peppers whatevs) and tequila.

Blend all ingredients except the tequila, saute, let cool, add tequila, add to meat, marinade overnight.

Cook on a char grill/bbq on high heat, season with salt once on the char, once grilled each side let that shit rest for 3-5 minutes, cut AGAINST THE GRAIN (Laterally). Can cook it anywhere from medium to well done.

Last edited:
Is that good with chicken?
I tried to eat a steak the other day and I just couldn't deal with it. I just didn't want anything to do with it for some reason. Of course, I finished it but it was like my body just tapped out and said "Im done"

Chicken wings, ribs and seafood are pretty much the only things I can bear eating right now for some reason

Bro.... Google brines, they are made for white meat, Its basically a salt and sugar marinate that tenderizes the meat by pushing water out and filing it with the brine.

might not be toooo low carb but you can play around with heaps of flavours

For a quick marinate, i love Soy sauce, Ginger, fish sauce and some hoi sin on my beef

Chicken, Cant go past the ole italian, Garlic, Lemon, olive oil and oregano. then BBQ.

Its amazing

Also, look into spice rubs. or BBQ rubs. you can buy off the self or i tend to make my own and they last for ages in a jar.

for pork and even chicken. at the shops in the stock cube section, blue tub called Vegata. Its a Croatian vegetable stock in a tub. marinate some pork in that and a bit of oil and its fuking amazing.

i love it with 1mc strips of pork belly, then BBQ'd, Its great for chicken drumsticks too ect.

if you like flavorful and tender meat, Stick to the cheap cuts and Stew them.

Beef, mushroom and potato stew with red wine is killer to snack on all day.

Sometimes il even throw about 4 chicken breats in the slow cooker with 2 cans of soup and cook for 8 hours, Pull them out and shredd em up.

Add onto sambos with mayo :)

Is that good with chicken?
I tried to eat a steak the other day and I just couldn't deal with it. I just didn't want anything to do with it for some reason. Of course, I finished it but it was like my body just tapped out and said "Im done"

Chicken wings, ribs and seafood are pretty much the only things I can bear eating right now for some reason

Yeah man, chicken works great aswell, just up the ratio of cilantro/corriander and use chicken thigh, fattier and tastier.

Yeah I am a big fan of stewing cheap cuts of meat, to the extent that you probably heard that from me- it sounds like something I'd write haha

Thanks for the help everyone