• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

what edibles do you grow in your garden?

Admin

Administrator. Graeme
Staff member
so the vegie garden was looking like shit so have been busy getting it back into shape with borders and throwing blood and bone in , some manure and a bit of sand

ground is still bit cold at the moment to plant too much , but getting on the right time , so what is every growing or going to grow

Apples
Stonefruits
Cherrys
Pears
Kales
Beans
Broccoli
Brussels
4 x citrus trees
Theres prolly more....

At the moment on the go I have

Rainbow trout
Celery
Parsley
Chilli 3 types
Heaps of different types of lettuce
Tomatoes
Thyme
Dill
Mint
Sweet corn
Silverbeet
Leek
Limes
Lemons
Plums

And i think that's about it....

now have various herbs, potatoes (growing), tomatoes, onions, snow peas, garlic, orange, mandarin, lemon, corn, fig, beetroot, carrots, capsicum, and pumpkin (to be planted next week).

I bet [MENTION=8399]0ni[/MENTION]; has a wide variety of herbs and shit
Muaha

Sent from my iPod touch from Pluto

Yeah mostly herbs lol
Lots of different teas, rosemary, chives, ephedra (native variety don't arrest me), mint etc - pretty much any spice you use in the kitchen- pretty dank really

Also have a wide variety of NATIVE psychoactives, cacti, wattles, mushrooms lol. I certainly don't HARVEST them of course, hahahaha

[MENTION=7738]Timeah[/MENTION]; yeah we have an aquaponics setup, 1000lt fish tank which is connected to a grow bed, you put the fish in the tank and the water gets oumoed through the grow bed, so the plants take all the nutrients out of the water, which is waste from the fish and return it as clean water which helps the growth and health of the fish, but the nutrient rich water also helps the plants grow extremely well and quicker.

I'll post some pics when I get around to it and also of the trout when we start pulling out to eat, I did take a dead on out last night which was about 30-35cm, which was a pity.

We also have a normal veggie garden which is pretty small about 1.5 x 3m and an old bath tube we are going to try growing some pumpkin, potato and sweet potato in and maybe carrots
[MENTION=9251]Darkoz[/MENTION]; just start small like we have 1.5x 3 or something similar and see how things go, seems pretty small but you can get enough veggies going to start off and if it is successful you can always expand.

Sounds awesome neddy. Yeah get some pics up man. How many fish in It?

Tim.

Currently would only have about 10 - 12, i started with about 25 back in April which were about 5", however, along the way i have lost some due to the PH getting to high and the ammonia going up a little, but this has stabilised and they seemt o be going pretty well, in the next couple of months they will all have to be harvested before the water temps get too high as they would die, so just trying to fatten them up at the moment before they hit the BBQ.

Herbs are deffinately the staple at home. I detest paying 2.50 for 10 grams of herbs at woolies and once going are low maintenance.

Rosemary (its actually a small tree, its fucking ridiculous)
Tarragon
Thyme
Marojam
Basil
Roquet
Orregano
Dill
Corriander
Sage

I wouldn't mind a big veggie garden

Same here, when I was living at home my oldies had lots of veggies and herbs growing (being wogs), so I especcially miss the tomatoes and cucumbers, the ones you buy (even truss) do not have any taste or smell, absolute crap.

Problem is, I dont exactly have a green finger, cant even grow grass, so a veggie garden is well out of my legue.

I have some rosemary & a lemon tree, thats about it.

Remember the old Rodney Rude joke about that?

"Have you read Don Burkes new book?

How I planted Rosemary in the back garden"

lol

Last edited:
[MENTION=7738]Timeah[/MENTION]; yeah we have an aquaponics setup, 1000lt fish tank which is connected to a grow bed, you put the fish in the tank and the water gets oumoed through the grow bed, so the plants take all the nutrients out of the water, which is waste from the fish and return it as clean water which helps the growth and health of the fish, but the nutrient rich water also helps the plants grow extremely well and quicker.

I'll post some pics when I get around to it and also of the trout when we start pulling out to eat, I did take a dead on out last night which was about 30-35cm, which was a pity.

We also have a normal veggie garden which is pretty small about 1.5 x 3m and an old bath tube we are going to try growing some pumpkin, potato and sweet potato in and maybe carrots
[MENTION=9251]Darkoz[/MENTION]; just start small like we have 1.5x 3 or something similar and see how things go, seems pretty small but you can get enough veggies going to start off and if it is successful you can always expand.

That sounds exactly like what I want. Just in the process of buying land as we speak, 2.5 acres, we put our offer in last week and it got accepted yesterday just getting all the legal stuff sorted today. Just enough room to build my small home large shed and gym and a veggie garden. But the the tout idea sounds awesome.

Photos would be much appreciated.

That sounds exactly like what I want. Just in the process of buying land as we speak, 2.5 acres, we put our offer in last week and it got accepted yesterday just getting all the legal stuff sorted today. Just enough room to build my small home large shed and gym and a veggie garden. But the the tout idea sounds awesome.

Photos would be much appreciated.
More than happy to post pics when i get around to it, but until then if anyone is intereste din the idea of aquaponics check out these couple of web sites and forums

Get to know Aquaponics - Backyard Aquaponics
Practical Aquaponics Discussion Forum. A place to discuss every aspect of Aquaponics.

The seup we have we actually purchased with everything precut and looking nice, however, if you check out the forums there are many people who make their own setups while achieving the exact same thing but for a cheaper price, these website will show you how, and the good thing about it is that you dont need a great deal of room, you can make em as small or as big as you like.