• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Chopper Read, crime figure and author, dead from liver cancer aged 58

Admin

Administrator. Graeme
Staff member
THERE are reports this afternoon that Mark Brandon "Chopper" Read is dead. The notorious criminal and author, whose life story was turned into the eponymous film "Chopper" in 2000, was 58.
Read was discharged from Royal Melbourne Hospital earlier this week after receiving treatment for liver cancer.
He was diagnosed with liver cancer in April last year and he also has cirrhosis. He said his illness started after contracting hepatitis C while in prison.
Read spent more than 23 years in jail up until 1998 for crimes including armed robbery, assault and kidnapping.

Chopper Read, crime figure and author, dead from liver cancer aged 58 | News.com.au

the guy will up on the australian icon with our other "legends" like ned kelly

RIP Chopper,

He was a thug, but he was standing over criminals and drug dealers, he never hurt anyone that did not deserve it in some way.

There was plenty of people who wanted him dead, and cancer eventually got him, it's a horrible disease, I feel sorry for his kid, I think he is only 13, a crap age for a boy to lose his father no matter who he is.

I have a few of his books that I had him personally sign, and he also signed the DVD for me.....might be worth a fortune now:rolleyes:

He might have survived the numerous attempts in his life from the under word but there was no escaping for the Big C.

RIP Chopper