• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Mental Exhaustion Before Exercise May Hinder Your Workout

Admin

Administrator. Graeme
Staff member
The New York Times explains the results:
As it turned out, mental fatigue significantly affected the men’s endurance. They tired about 13 percent faster after the computer test than after watching “Earth.” They also reported that the workout felt far more taxing.
But, interestingly, their maximum contractile force was about the same after each session. Their muscles responded just as robustly to orders from the brain and the attached electrode after the draining mental workout as after the quiet session, even though the brain-fogged volunteers felt as if their muscles were much more exhausted. . .
. . .In simpler terms, exercise simply feels harder when your brain is tired, so you quit earlier, although objectively, your muscles are still somewhat fresh.
It's the first study to explore the subject, but it's an interesting result that deserves a closer look. Check out the link below to read the full study, or check out the New York Times' article about it here.

Of course if your mind is tired, you can't focus with other stuff you'll be doing. you need to rest in order to refresh the mind and get you going.

Of course if your mind is tired, you can't focus with other stuff you'll be doing. you need to rest in order to refresh the mind and get you going.

Thats right. I found that yesterday my mind was elsewhere, and my workout took alot longer & alot more concentration...