• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

school me on dual sim phones

bert.

with my new job I have been given a phone and carrying 2 phones is a pita. what i'm wondering is if I got a dual sim phone would both sims work simultaneously if one is optus and one is Telstra?
and if yes what are some good dual sim phones?

Had the same situation years ago, tried the dual sim, and it was a pain, in the end just used the work phone and diverted my phone to it.

Back then they did not work simultaneously, you had to manually swap settings, not sure how it works now, technology moves so fast.

The best dual sim phones are from HTC, others from Samsung are good too.

I can only assume that making calls, sending texts sending and receiving data is something that can easily be changed between sims.

when I looked into this a couple of years ago the general consensus was that they're rubbish and fraught with problems which the manufacturers didnt seem too interested in rectiftying..

I carry two or three phones (depending if im rostered on for incident callout), usually just divert calls from my work crackberry to my personal phone unless im travelling (when I need the blackberry for emails and sms)

from googling a bit it seems there are 2 types of dual sim standby and active/simultaneous
the stand by has both on standby all the time and first call in gets threw and if some one calls the second sim they get the out of range message
and the active ones are basically 2 phones in one