• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

New gym - working out attractive PT rents

RichardG

Hi all

I'm opening a new gym soon, which will include a fitness room including a few rowers, kettle bells, barbells etc. The room would be suitable for any type of group fitness (circuits etc) and I'm intending to rent it out to PTs.

The concept is this: a PT gets to rent a 5 hour period for sole use of the room - either Morning, Lunch, Evening (3 periods a day).

The PT will be charged rent for a period. Set fee of $110. There will be no other charges and the PT retains 100% of clients fees.

Any thoughts on this concept and variations are welcome - am I way over/under on price?? - and if you know of any gyms successfully running this system let me know.

Cheers, R

it really depends on your demagraphic and how much disposable income people in the area have. you have two options

A) what you plan

B) % of the profit from the PT

I suppose it depends how good the PT is as to what you pick. if they have their shit together and look like being expandable go for a % as your revenue will grow. if they have no idea what their doing go for a fixed rate.

Just remember though, inevitably the quality of the service they run will reflect on the perception of your business. why not employ someone to run classes and you can control the quality and make a lot more money?

Interesting concept, you might have to vary the price depending on days and peak times.

Gyms are packed on a Monday and often empty on a Friday evening.

Will the PT be able to make his money to make it worth his/her while??

Will you make the money to make it worth your while??

I have not been to a gym for many many years (at least 6 or 7) so I might be out of touch, and have never used a PT. I used to teach large group fitness classes back in the late 80's and through the 90's, and stopped doing it as the money was not there especially in Sydney's Western suburbs where I used to do it.

I was teaching 'Boot Camp' before it even existed:rolleyes:

Um far from an expert but I presume the evening time slot would be more in demand. Perhaps the early one too so maybe you could adjust the price depending on the time of day.