• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

What tablet is the best value for money???

Felixflex

I'm looking at buying a tablet to watch movies, and do some studying. I don't really have much knowledge when it's comes to electronics and I don't want a iPad as I dont think they are worth the cash. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance

I have a Toshiba and have used a Samsung galaxy. Both are awesome. Have good battery life too.

Samsung galaxy note all the way fantastic...

If you have the cash a surface tablet is pretty cool

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 4

First decide what size screen you want and then go from there.

Some of the cheap ones coming out of China are not bad and cheaper if you want to risk warranty and sending it back if something happens. Or go with a more expensive name brand.

Oh yeah and get an android one. There isn't the range of apps on the Microsoft ones yet imo.

Have had an iPad since they been released, they were the first ones that made them commercially available before all the copies came out.

Not really cheap, but have had the same one pretty much as long as they been around, use it every single day, take it to work, travel with it, it goes where ever I go and has never missed a beat and even after being quite a few years old now still works perfectly. There are a few newer versions out now, don't think you can even buy the original iPad any more new.

Make sure you get something that has both wifi and a 3G sim or now a 4G sim I guess, I have mine with Telstra Pre payed, again not cheap but it works perfectly. Would not change it for anything else apart for a newer iPad on the Telstra System:)

Have had an iPad since time been released, they were the first ones that made them commercially available before all the copies came out.

I believe tablets have been around for a long before the ipad appeared Mick. Apple just had the gimmick and the marketing to push their product.

I use an Acer and for what I do it is pretty good and was reasonably cheap, but then again I only use it for surfing the web at home on the couch or for my son to watch movies if we are away.

I believe tablets have been around for a long before the ipad appeared Mick. Apple just had the gimmick and the marketing to push their product.

yep microsoft released their tablet 10 years ago , apple came along 10years later and released their ipad at the right time

that being said , i have a samsung galaxy tab , it rocks

tablet for studying ?

What software do you use ?
windows ?

might be better of with a cheap laptop than a tablet

Can get a windows rt tablet for $350 with ms office on it

surface pro running windows 8 for around $900 (student price)

a full windows tablet with pen input and one note is great for note taking, sketching, drawings and cad (used a fujitsu st5011 from 2004 to 2011)

If you are a student see what deals or what extra amount off you can get with student discount.

Go and try the different ones before buying.

If android nexus or samsung

The Google Nexus 7 2013 model (2nd gen) is the best bang for buck tablet on the market.

If you need a 10" and have the $$$ then the iPad 4 is best.

I had an acer iconia a500 and was always happy with it, now have an ipad 4 and like it much more.. The ipad is just so much more responsive and the screen is unbelievable..

That being said though, I agree that the google nexus is probably best value right now.

What is best for you will depend on what you want to do with it..

Thanks for the replies, I checked out a few today the samsung's looks pretty good. I'm doing a few online courses next year not sure what software I need

Do you have a pc already? If not than I agree that a laptop will suit you much better for the online courses.

surface pro 2 is getting released this week

so the surface rt and pros will be going cheaper

Can you check with the course provider on what software they use ?