• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Looking for a coach

dreamer

Hey there,

I'm trying to find a really reputable coach for both nutrition and training, the ideal coach would be similar to a Layne Norton or like the 3D Muscle Journey guys.

Anyone have any good recommendations?

Where are you?
Do you just need programing that might be possible by long distance correspondence ? Or do you also need things like technique guidance that is best done face to face?

There are a few guys around here who could help you out and will probably chime in later but as I alluded to location could be an issue.

Where are you?
Do you just need programing that might be possible by long distance correspondence ? Or do you also need things like technique guidance that is best done face to face?

There are a few guys around here who could help you out and will probably chime in later but as I alluded to location could be an issue.

Im in Melbourne. Mostly programming and diet.
Technique is easily solved, I have the resources to work with that.

However, the diet and programming have to be 100% spot on, I'm looking for those with 10 years experience of degrees on degrees =P That might narrow my options a bit.

Im in Melbourne. Mostly programming and diet.
Technique is easily solved, I have the resources to work with that.

However, the diet and programming have to be 100% spot on, I'm looking for those with 10 years experience of degrees on degrees =P That might narrow my options a bit.

And presumably because you're not going with Layne or 3DMJ you want lower cost? Or are you just supporting Aussie coaches and don't mind paying $$$? :cool:

I'm not aware of any Australian coaches who follow the more scientific principals like Layne / 3DMJ. Maybe Paul Revellia would be cheaper as he is one of Layne's proteges?

Welcome to Pro Physique!

And presumably because you're not going with Layne or 3DMJ you want lower cost? Or are you just supporting Aussie coaches and don't mind paying $$$? :cool:

I'm not aware of any Australian coaches who follow the more scientific principals like Layne / 3DMJ. Maybe Paul Revellia would be cheaper as he is one of Layne's proteges?

Welcome to Pro Physique!

Actually Ive just emailed them today, but Im looking for a few more options, should they be unbelievable expensive or they cant help me.

Paul Revellia eh? Ill check it out right now!

Maybe you could update us on the prices you find out?

Hopefully Paul will be a bit cheaper, Layne is at a premium but he's the best of the best. I was lucky enough to prep with Ben Esgro from Denovo Nutrition in 2011 for $50 a month! But now he's one of Layne's employees there is no way you would get him that cheap ever again :(

Maybe you could update us on the prices you find out?

Hopefully Paul will be a bit cheaper, Layne is at a premium but he's the best of the best. I was lucky enough to prep with Ben Esgro from Denovo Nutrition in 2011 for $50 a month! But now he's one of Layne's employees there is no way you would get him that cheap ever again :(

Did you get a chance to use Paul Revelia? if no, why didn't you choose to?

Yea, he's (Ben) not even close to that amount now =P

No he wasn't coaching back in 2011 and Ben was within my price range.

If I prepped again I would look into Paul, he is my height.

No he wasn't coaching back in 2011 and Ben was within my price range.

If I prepped again I would look into Paul, he is my height.

Thanks heaps for all the info Myst!

The difference in price between Paul and Ben is astronomical, do you know why?

You've rated them both equally, so in theory their price range should be very similar.

Because Ben works for Layne now, and Paul has learnt from Layne but is doing it on his own.

What are the prices out of interest?

Because Ben works for Layne now, and Paul has learnt from Layne but is doing it on his own.

What are the prices out of interest?

Just roughly for a complete diet and training, Paul is $1400 for a year, and Ben is $540 a month.

What Im confused about is some coaches have said the physique I'm after definitely can be attained in such a short timeframe, 20 months.

Whilst other have said it will take 3 years, with one very very reputable coach suggesting it would take up to 5 years.

Why would there be such a large variation? Coaches lying?

Guy goes to a coach and asks how long till I get 100kg Deadlift

Coach 1 says 2 months

Coach 2 says 12 months

Who is lying?
Neither, they both probably have different ways of getting to the end state with different variables at the end state, I suspect this could the case here. The fastest way may not always be the best way either. Building muscle takes time, so I'd be incline to believe the very very reputable coach.

No coach can guarantee anything! They don't know until they start working with you the rate you put muscle on, recover etc..

Man those prices are expensive, I'll keep doing my own diet and training!!!

Guy goes to a coach and asks how long till I get 100kg Deadlift

Coach 1 says 2 months

Coach 2 says 12 months

Who is lying?
Neither, they both probably have different ways of getting to the end state with different variables at the end state, I suspect this could the case here. The fastest way may not always be the best way either. Building muscle takes time, so I'd be incline to believe the very very reputable coach.

You raise a good point, but the whole point of a coach is too train at an optimal level to save time. These guys have degrees on degrees so they can understand the body on a much deeper level than my own. Hence, the reason to pay for their services.

The reason I sought out a coach was so I could reach my goal sooner, if one coach quotes 5 years I could easily achieve that without his help, so he's a waste of money.

These guys have degrees on degrees so they can understand the body on a much deeper level than my own. Hence, the reason to pay for their services.

Degrees and "qualifications mean very little, experience and runs on the board is what i would be looking for. There are plenty of guys around who have qualifications and degrees but cant put it into practice.

If you are looking to compete there are a heap of good coaches around, check out.

Neil Gardener at Winning Physqiue, Jim Kotantonis at Derrimut 24:7, Eyad at Next Level Fitness

Just to name a few.

The reason I sought out a coach was so I could reach my goal sooner, if one coach quotes 5 years I could easily achieve that without his help, so he's a waste of money.

So you have written off the very very reputable guy straight up? Maybe he is testing you to see how committed you are?

Good luck with it mate, start a diary if you don't mind, would be good to follow along the journey/progress/highs/lows etc.

So you have written off the very very reputable guy straight up? Maybe he is testing you to see how committed you are?

Good luck with it mate, start a diary if you don't mind, would be good to follow along the journey/progress/highs/lows etc.

I will say, that majority of the coaches are very well regarded. The very very reputable coach is 3DMJ, whilst others are Ben, Paul Revelia and a few others.

Once, I get everything set in motion I will create a journal so I can show you how it all goes.

Thanks for all the input everyone!