• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

First CrossFit Study: It Works Wonders, If You Can Survive

Admin

Administrator. Graeme
Staff member
First CrossFit Study: It Works Wonders, If You Can Survive

http://www.realclearscience.com/blog/2013/08/finally-a-scientific-study-on-crossfit.html?fb_action_ids=10152690581357837&fb_action_types=og.likes&fb_source=other_multiline&action_object_map=%7B%2210152690581357837%22%3A707911865890833%7D&action_type_map=%7B%2210152690581357837%22%3A%22og.likes%22%7D&action_ref_map

According to the new study, apparently so. Researchers at Ohio State University assigned 54 healthy participants to a five-day per week CrossFit-based exercise program that lasted ten weeks. The 43 participants that competed the program saw incredible improvements in measures of aerobic fitness and body composition. Maximum aerobic capacity grew by 13.6% for men and 11.8% for women. At the same time, male participants' body fat decreased from 22.2% to 18% and female participants' fell from 26.6% to 23.2%. Both men and women also enjoyed significant increases in lean muscle mass. What's more, the improvements in aerobic fitness and body composition were significant when broken down across participants' initial fitness levels. In other words, people of all shapes and sizes saw tremendous physical improvements.

This just in, lifting weights and getting off your ass is good for you :D

bahaha... yeah man. Rocket science at its finest.

X-fitters are psycho anyways.

"Yeah man, what the WOD dude, whats the WOD..." :rolleyes:

Yeah, you can do American ninja now, but don't ever expect anyone else to be cool wif you pissing 1/2 thru a workout and laugh about it after the fact :eek:

I know loads of crossfitters and they are all terrible
They look like shit and are weak

There are also some "strong fitters" which is apparently just crossfit but with strongman exercises instead of weightlifting exercises haha. They are also terrible and I beat them at strongman when I compete and I don't even train it

The amount of people that judge crossfit over a few vids on youtube before actually trying it is unbelievable, I actually stayed clear of it for a few years for this reason up until I broke my foot and could not run for a few month so thought I would give it a go while i healed up, Im sure like all sports there are some bad coaches around, but at the crossfit I attend we have a competitive olympic lifter as a coach and it is great, very strict on form, we do lots of low rep high weight stuff, and easily some of the toughest training I have done, Best not to judge something until you have actually done it,

The amount of people that judge crossfit over a few vids on youtube before actually trying it is unbelievable, I actually stayed clear of it for a few years for this reason up until I broke my foot and could not run for a few month so thought I would give it a go while i healed up, Im sure like all sports there are some bad coaches around, but at the crossfit I attend we have a competitive olympic lifter as a coach and it is great, very strict on form, we do lots of low rep high weight stuff, and easily some of the toughest training I have done, Best not to judge something until you have actually done it,

Sounds like Olympic training not cross fit???

Is low rep heavy weight common in cross fit??? Ive only seen a lot of high rep low weight stuff...

thats not crossfit, thats olympic weightlifting.

Sounds like Olympic training not cross fit???

Is low rep heavy weight common in cross fit??? Ive only seen a lot of high rep low weight stuff...

All that high rep DL ect are mainly done in comps ect, I can only say what happens at the crossfit I attend but usually 1 day we will do more cardio orientated stuff like chinups/run/burpees ect, then next day it will be something like 20mins to work to a 1rm on snatch or 3rm clean and Jerk, sometimes if its in a workout it will be something like a 400m run then 5 clean and jerks x 5 rounds pick your own weight, but if your form is lacking we have to drop the weight, im on my 4th month and not a injury besides a mass shin gash from box jumps has happened in the time slot I do, but as i said theres bad coaches in every sport,

have you seen these top crossfitters lifts,
Rich Froning
Clean & Jerk 170kg
Snatch 135kg
Deadlift 247kg
Back Squat 200kg
A big part of Crossfit is Olympic Lifting

All that high rep DL ect are mainly done in comps ect, I can only say what happens at the crossfit I attend but usually 1 day we will do more cardio orientated stuff like chinups/run/burpees ect, then next day it will be something like 20mins to work to a 1rm on snatch or 3rm clean and Jerk, sometimes if its in a workout it will be something like a 400m run then 5 clean and jerks x 5 rounds pick your own weight, but if your form is lacking we have to drop the weight, im on my 4th month and not a injury besides a mass shin gash from box jumps has happened in the time slot I do, but as i said theres bad coaches in every sport,

Yeah..

Sounds like your at a cross fit doing olympic lifting...

have you seen these top crossfitters lifts,
Rich Froning
Clean & Jerk 170kg
Snatch 135kg
Deadlift 247kg
Back Squat 200kg
A big part of Crossfit is Olympic Lifting

1. That dude is about 90kg.
2. He can't C&J 170 from doing crossfit, he can because he did lots of C&Js (Oly Lifting).
3. Not sure if his numbers are meant to impress or not.

Last edited:
Yeah the DL and squat are not that impressive at all.

But that **** is fit as fuck. As an arounder...very impressive.

Tim.

1. That dude is about 90kg.
2. He can't C&J 170 from doing crossfit, he can because he did lots of C&Js (Oly Lifting).
3. Not sure if his numbers are meant to impress or not.

thats like saying a triathlete isnt good at swimming because of triathlons, its part of it,

Crossfit is good. For me it's about getting good at alot of things. Each seem to help each other. I'm stronger doing Crossfit than I was training for powerlifting.

My gym workouts are hard as fuck.