• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

The problem with Crossfit

The problem with crossfit is that it gets people focusing on the problem with crossfit instead of focusing on improving their training and improving the lump of flesh and bones their training is supposed to improve.

The problem with crossfit is that it gets people focusing on the problem with crossfit instead of focusing on improving their training and improving the lump of flesh and bones their training is supposed to improve.

Whaaaa?

w88v.gif

is one issue.

Here's another:

gtFiy.jpg

if you are going to concentrate on bad form , you can head down to your local gym and watch many people with bad form is that to say that weight training is the problem?

if you are going to concentrate on bad form , you can head down to your local gym and watch many people with bad form is that to say that weight training is the problem?

agree. poor practitioners of any sport can give that sport a bad name and the opposite is true too.

some of the guys and girls at the recent crossfit games here in Oz were amazing.

After actually having had something to do with crossfit since being here I agree with Admin.

Still completely disagree with kipping or olympic lifts for non-competing athletes (which a lot of the better coaches still do)

Happens in a lot of places, and is encouraged by a lot of 'organisations' as well.. tried a freestyle karate class once and i was wondering WTF they were doing pretending to kick. When i tried some traditional karate kicks they told me 'no, do it our way'...

It's a cult!

They had a crossfit section at the CAPO nationals down here in Hobart over the weekend, they all stand around the people competing going crazy, chanting some voodoo crossfit chant. It's like watching a Tony Robbins seminar...

It's a cult!

They had a crossfit section at the CAPO nationals down here in Hobart over the weekend, they all stand around the people competing going crazy, chanting some voodoo crossfit chant. It's like watching a Tony Robbins seminar...

yeah how dare they encourage those competing

I have no issues with cross-fit, it is a sport, my only concern is that a neophyte migh view this as a means to get "fit"

When you play a given sport, if you except the risk of injury is high, that's all good.
To be the best you can at the sport chosen, you've got to; practice, practice, practice the skills involved in that sport.

The purpose of exercise in the gym is to reduce the risk of injury in the sport played, I beleive the gym should be the safest place to do this.

You identify the main muscles used in the sport played and you find exercise that improve the strength through the entire range of motion.