• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Protein?

Headley

BigRed Kunce
Dear BN,

Firstly, may i say i have not heard of you guys before yesterday. The unfolding issue of NBS' 'powdered milk' issue bought me to here, and to your name.

Secondly, being a Tasmanian living in mackay Qld, i was pretty impressed at your business after looking at your website. being a somewhat zealous and proud Tasmanian i think you guys are doing an awesome job while writing an even better story about it.

Can i ask if your protein is sourced from Tasmania? Do you stock anything produced locally? Having tasted many things there and here, i get a little homesick now and then and consume anything i can get my tassie hands on :)

BN will no doubt chime in but I'm pretty sure most if not all whey is from NZ or US no matter who you buy it off.

From a % stand point I'm pretty sure NZ specs up better..but yes it will do the same job.

Minute differences due to the different drying facilities available.

NZ dairy industry has done a great job at promoting its clean green industry but its really no better than anywhere else.

Before I answer the question, Bazza is correct here.

We do currently use U.S for their WPI and Australia for it's WPC but there will be no more orders for a U.S WPI as we transition over to NZ.

This is only because it was highly requested from our customers. Put U.S and NZ side by side and nit pick on difference in nutritional values and amino acids and you won't find anything to note.

NZ does come at an extra cost but there will be no price rise to the customer.

A transition over from one source of WPI to another doesn't just happen so quickly though. There is current stock to deal with as well as shipping alone sometimes being up to 8 weeks.

We get the question often, "when will you have NZ WPI? Have you changed over yet" and it would be sad to think if one wasn't making an order just for this reason alone as our reply to them is that they will not see any difference in results at all from switching from one to the other. This was simply a move highly requested by our customers. It would suit us better obviously profit wise, to stick to U.S.

As has been brought up, NZ have built a fine reputation of their dairy industry. I guess it's like choosing one brand of shoe over the other.

We do like to support our neighbours though. Quality dairy industry without a doubt.

Cheers.

Last edited:
Back in my home town of Burnie i live just up the road from the old Lactos cheese making site, they always have tankers out emptying whey over people grass paddocks, what a pity i cant grab it and turn it into protein :(

Back in my home town of Burnie i live just up the road from the old Lactos cheese making site, they always have tankers out emptying whey over people grass paddocks, what a pity i cant grab it and turn it into protein :(

Yeah I drove past that on my way to my first powerlifting comp in Wynyard, drooling over the protein to be had!

I think liquid whey only has a very tiny percentage of protein and you need a gajillion litres of the stuff to end up with much powder. This is probably the reason it is/was a waste product, just too much hassle to end up with anything worthwhile unless you have an insane amount of it.

Have had a fair bit of my BN WPC lately, been trying out whats best in terms of milk or water. Milk tastes better but it clumps a fair bit. water is harsher but far smoother and seems to allow me to recover quicker as well