• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Binge eating - men

chopsuey

My husband loves his food.

Problem is, regardless if I make every single meal for him I find he binges when I'm not around....

The kids have gotten older and are quite quick to tell mummy they had Macca's last night...corroborated by the wrappings I find in the bin or the odd chip found around the drivers seat of the car.

We have plenty of healthier options in the house too.

We've tried talking it through, pics on the pantry door - nothing really seems to stick.

Can't help those who can't help themselves? He has only about 10kgs to lose. 188cms and 110kgs. Only really has a big gut - legs and arms are well built as he's been lifting for well over a year now.

Should I just get off his back and let him eat Macca's? Thing is he keeps telling me he wants to lose the extra kilos.....

Not everyone wants to be strict with their diet.. It's great that you're as committed as you are, but that doesn't necessarily mean that he will be too.

If he wants to eat maccas, so what? As long as he's not throwing it down the kid's gullets every second meal too then the gut is his problem, not yours.

If he does really want to lose the weight, but can't commit to being as strict as you are with the diet side of things, perhaps start pushing him towards an "IIFYM" approach and get him counting calories?

He obviously doesn't want it like you do. Not everyone does. I'd tell him that you don't mind if he eats crap, just don't whinge about not being able to lose the weight...

Not everyone wants to be strict with their diet.. It's great that you're as committed as you are, but that doesn't necessarily mean that he will be too.

If he wants to eat maccas, so what? As long as he's not throwing it down the kid's gullets every second meal too then the gut is his problem, not yours.

If he does really want to lose the weight, but can't commit to being as strict as you are with the diet side of things, perhaps start pushing him towards an "IIFYM" approach and get him counting calories?

IIFYM definitely sounds like the way to go, he can still enjoy those foods albeit in smaller portions and learn more about what he's putting in his body.

Labelling foods good and bad works for some people, but in reality they are all just protein / carbs / fats. Sure saturated fats and high glycemic carbs wont leave you feeling good, but they also wont make all your gains dissappear or your biceps fall off!

Once people find the style of dieting that works for them, losing weight and gaining muscle becomes a simple matter of decreasing or increasing foods you enjoy. Doesn't have to be all chicken and brocoli!

Yep if he complains about wanting to lose weight and then eats Maccas etc they he obvioulsy doesnt want to lose it that badly, you cant really force anyone to do it, they must be the ones initiating it...

He obviously doesn't want it like you do. Not everyone does. I'd tell him that you don't mind if he eats crap, just don't whinge about not being able to lose the weight...

This is my current approach ;)

He responds by saying 'I neeeeeeed your help' - I just remind him he has to take responsibility for his own actions.

thats it, you're not the one buying and feeding him maccas, he is, i am assuming you are the one buying the good healthy foor to put in the cupboard and fridge which he is choosing not to eat....

thats it, you're not the one buying and feeding him maccas, he is, i am assuming you are the one buying the good healthy foor to put in the cupboard and fridge which he is choosing not to eat....

Guess again! HE buys the healthy food - he does more of the shopping than I do!

right well that's a different issue to a bingeing problem.

IIFYM would be a good option for him unless he's going to hate the macro counting

right well that's a different issue to a bingeing problem.

IIFYM would be a good option for him unless he's going to hate the macro counting

I introduced him to it and he seemed keen, even asked to be set up on myfitnesspal......he hasn't logged on yet (that was 2 weeks ago).

I'm thinking I'll just let him do his own thing. I don't love him any less it just sucks seeing him stuck in this cycle he doesn't seem happy to be with....

take photo of fatty husband.
post on off topic section here for replys
wait till page 5
send link to husband at work.

profit.

The old 'you can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink' :)

Unless he wants to do it and decides to do it no one can help him, as no be can do it for him. It's good to be encouraging. No point nagging as he will then just do it behind your back, and probably feel guilty for it.

I don't really get it it as Maccas tastes like crap.

KFC chicken burger and crispy strips is another story though:p

Maybe IF? Works because most people get the binge on at the end of the day...If you haven't had many calories till dinner, it might keep them down for the whole day...

Maybe IF? Works because most people get the binge on at the end of the day...If you haven't had many calories till dinner, it might keep them down for the whole day...

Pretty much sums it up in a nut shell^^^ aactually same can be said for any approach that works..

Find an approach that puts you in deficit that suits your lifestyle..
Then live like that for 6 months while lifting weights...

Neksminnit.... You lost weight and gained some muscle...