• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

What keeps you motivated?

catspurr

I'm a chubby lady once before I start living on a healthy diet. This image reminds me of those hard times when I start getting bigger and wearing my pants like this really sucks! :D

When I get bored with my workout, I just look at it to stay motivated.

562940_470747126328380_1871635262_n.jpg

Anything to keep up motivation is good. I myself need to visuals. I just want to better myself. That's enough motivation for me.

Something that i didn't really know how to put into words but [MENTION=12525]Rich Knapp[/MENTION]; summed it up pretty well in his competition log - I dont try to compete against anyone else I just try to better the package i had last year ie: finish the year bigger and leaner than i was at the same time the year before. Thats enough for me...

Oh and results - they keep me motivated also...

Something that i didn't really know how to put into words but @Rich Knapp; summed it up pretty well in his competition log - I dont try to compete against anyone else I just try to better the package i had last year ie: finish the year bigger and leaner than i was at the same time the year before. Thats enough for me...

Oh and results - they keep me motivated also...

^5 Can't control what other do. ;)

Thats it Rich, as long as im progressing and continually bettering myself thats what keeps me motivated...

Don't really need motivating, I just love training and enjoy it, love the feeling, and love it when I see results.

Then sometimes you get comments from other people, had a few drinks with a mate that I had not seen for 9 months and the first thing he said when we saw each other is,' looks like you been smashing the weights, your chest and arms look like they have grown'.

Put me on a high for the rest of the week:p

Don't really need motivating, I just love training and enjoy it, love the feeling, and love it when I see results.

Then sometimes you get comments from other people, had a few drinks with a mate that I had not seen for 9 months and the first thing he said when we saw each other is,' looks like you been smashing the weights, your chest and arms look like they have grown'.

Put me on a high for the rest of the week:p

Nice one!
:)

I like hitting PBs.

When I did weight loss it was for rock climbing and the main thing that drove me was stuff like this:
Dan Osman - Awesome - YouTube

Mostly stuff that was slightly less insane. I used to watch a lot of videos of Yosemite and Dean Potter. If youre having trouble staying motivated find a sport.

looking awesome, feeling awesome and performing awesome (when not injured). Its a high being awesome.

PBs, watching extraordinary sporting feats, my kids and the good folk of ausbb.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

People in the past telling me that I am fat. Their negative compliments motivated me to get fit.

Avoid thinking about doing a workout, or eating right, or resting. Thinking about something you want to do can invite doubt followed by procrastination, and that can lead to skipping workouts, skipping meals, and so on.
This is extremely hard to do, and will take some practice, but try not to think about doing a workout. Just get in your workout clothes, put on your shoes, and go to the gym.
If you are following a workout plan, then simply read it and try not to mentally comment on it, for example, it's leg day, so look at your workout plan and concentrate on the exercises, weights, reps, and rest periods between sets. That's all you need to do.
The moment you start to think "well, I did a big leg workout last week, so I don't really need to do lunges today" is doubt creeping in and erecting walls which impede your goals.
Remember the old Nike slogan "just do it"? That shoe company had a good line on how the mind works. That's all you have to have in your mind: "just do it".

Ignore the voice of doubt in your mind, and focus on what is to be done. Doing this, you can achieve far more than you can imagine.

I think about most sessions everyday prior to doing it. Dont find it gives me any doubt whatsever. I think solely about hitting my numbers. Then I go hit them. I dont think about anything else though, food, rest etc. That all just happens.

Tim.