• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Gucci customer wants refund for 'fragile' $800 bag Read more: http://www.heraldsun.c

Admin

Administrator. Graeme
Staff member
A GUCCI customer is suing the luxury goods retailer over claims his $800 man-bag fell short of its price tag. Richmond pilot Zoran Ivanovic, 34, alleges his bag frayed and lost shape despite light and careful use.
Mr Ivanovic is so dismayed with the canvas tote - even after repairs by a craftsman in Italy - he's launched legal action for a refund.
Documents lodged with the Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal allege the bag is "so fragile that any use results in significant deterioration".
The alleged imperfections include a faulty seam, fraying around the zip, and rippling in the outer fabric.
"Given the extraordinary cost of the item, which for all intents and purposes is nothing more than a small canvas bag, there is an expectation that it will maintain its appearance and finish . . . and be more durable than similar, cheaper bags," he claims.
"The quality is well below what is expected of a product that is priced as it is."
The fashion house sent the bag to Italy after complaints from Mr Ivanovic, but he says repairs were completed "somewhat amateurishly" and made things worse.
He refused to take possession of the bag, and wants a refund.
The style-conscious shopper told the Sunday Herald Sun he was a frequent Gucci customer.
The bag had been used "maybe once or twice a week, an hour or two at a time . . . to carry small things", he said. "Yes, I am particular, but I am not unreasonable. When you are paying that sort of money, you should be expecting perfection."
In emails lodged at the tribunal, Gucci declared the matter "a wear and tear issue" and said a refund or replacement wasn't warranted. A Gucci spokeswoman this week failed to respond to several requests for comment.
A paperwork hitch has delayed the tribunal case, but Mr Ivanovic hopes a hearing date will be listed soon.
His case comes as a Chanel customer takes similar tribunal action over claims her $5000 black lambskin handbag is substandard. Noble Park woman Phung Nguyen bought her bag in December 2011 from the boutique label, and has complained to VCAT of pilling and fading.
Chanel bosses told a recent tribunal hearing the bag wasn't defective, and blamed wear and tear.
That matter has been adjourned so an expert witness can prepare an independent report on the bag.

Read more: No Cookies | Herald Sun

I had to laugh at this , "Given the extraordinary cost of the item, which for all intents and purposes is nothing more than a small canvas bag, there is an expectation that it will maintain its appearance and finish . . . and be more durable than similar, cheaper bags," he claims.

so he knows that is nothing more then just a canvas bag , but yet he still was happy to pay $800 for it

LOL proof that some people just look at the label and don't check for the quality ...

haha serves him right ... public shaming for this idiot.

I say that as someone who has bought a lot of designer gear in the past...but always checked for quality, not the nametag. Some designer gear is just plain RUBBISH.

*says she proudly wearing her Bonds trackies and hoodie* :D

LOL proof that some people just look at the label and don't check for the quality ...

haha serves him right ... public shaming for this idiot.

I say that as someone who has bought a lot of designer gear in the past...but always checked for quality, not the nametag. Some designer gear is just plain RUBBISH.

*says she proudly wearing her Bonds trackies and hoodie* :D

Some things you get what you pay for e.g running shoes the $30 pairs do not cut it... $800 for a canvas bag yeah no.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2