• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Henry Cavill refused to take Steroids for Man of Steel

Admin

Administrator. Graeme
Staff member
Playing a superhero isn't just laughing your way to the bank. Henry Cavill spoke to USA Weekend in detail about the immense physical effort and discipline that goes into a role like this, specially Superman, the biggest, buffest and greatest Superhero of them all.

On why it was important to him to transform his body
It was a big responsibility. It was very important to represent the character’s physicality in the right way. I was living and breathing Superman. I just wanted to do this right.

On being impressed with his own transformation
I have shrunk down to a more normal size now. You should have seen me then. I was considerably bigger. There are a couple of shots of me that I think, ‘My goodness. I was definitely a large chap.'

On avoiding steroids to achieve his physique
(Mark Twight) asked, ‘Would you like to use steroids or HGH (human growth hormone) to get to where you want to go?’ I immediately said no. And he said, ‘Good. Because if you did, I wouldn’t train you.’ To take a shortcut to get to that place is not what Superman represents. That was important to me.

On would he be ready to again train so hard for the sequel
Absolutely. Yes, it was hard work. Yes, there were points I thought I couldn’t do it. But you can do it. And I did.

Henry Cavill refused to take Steroids for MAN OF STEEL

Oh yeah I'm sure he just did that in 3 months lol

Henry-Cavill-Shirtless-Man-Steel-Set-Pictures.jpg

First reading the article I thought well he seems to be denying it too much as well as saying he shrunk so he probably did do them.

But after seeing that pic I think he looks pretty natural anyway, he still could have used I don't know. Looks like a hairy chested 0ni.

With just a decent physique then add in lighting, makeup and photoshop people can look much more impressive than what they are.

First reading the article I thought well he seems to be denying it too much as well as saying he shrunk so he probably did do them.

But after seeing that pic I think he looks pretty natural anyway, he still could have used I don't know. Looks like a hairy chested 0ni.

With just a decent physique then add in lighting, makeup and photoshop people can look much more impressive than what they are.

Haha... so we'd take the above to read that Oni is just the same... Less the decent physique? :D :eek: