• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

looking for a place to train in east subs Melbourne

Tincat

Hi folks,

As you can see I'm new here, a little backround, I'm new to the Olympic/Powerlifting game although I've been in the fitness industry as a fitness trainer for a few years now. I train mainly for jiujitsu/mma which is my main hobby, but I do enjoy lifting and want to make it a more dedicated hobby.

I'm very interested in learning good technique from the ground up and I've started teaching myself for the last few weeks but I'm not going to go heavy without a coach correcting me and guiding me.

I'd like to find a good place to learn and lift at a couple times a week regularly. I live in the Eastern Suburbs around the Ringwood area. I've tried searching online to no avail, and I have skimmed through the forums here but have missed any posts on the subject if they exist.

So far I'm loving the articles here though, thank you all here in the community for creating such a great resource.

- Brian 'Tincat'

Last edited:
There are GPC and PA lifters training out of Spartans in Kilsyth
There is also Definition in Doncaster and MTS in Dandenong
Come Xmas there is also looking like being a gym with a Monolift, calibrated plates etc in Croydon

There are GPC and PA lifters training out of Spartans in Kilsyth
There is also Definition in Doncaster and MTS in Dandenong
Come Xmas there is also looking like being a gym with a Monolift, calibrated plates etc in Croydon

Thanks for the replies guys!

I'll be sure to check out Frankston, but it is too far to go on a regular basis I think, although the tollway does make it quicker.

Doncaster is a possibility as I'm out that way with clients at times.

Croydon would be perfect as thats where I do most of my training now anyhow. Can't wait, do you know what the new place will be called?

Cheers folks,

Brian 'Tincat'

Very interested in the gym opening in Croydon, I've bought a house there and will be moving out there in a months time. Any more info?

Any you guys know of anything near cheltnam/moorabbin? Been looking everywhere!!!

I know your pain. That's my area too. I train at fitness first :(. The bayside gym at least has 2 squat racks and abc black nitride bars

Extreme. MMA training gym in Ringwood on Maroondah Hwy near Car City.

Boxing/MMA garage just out back of Croydon Main Street Shops.

Crossfit Ringwood.....(don't
shot the messenger)

Hi folks,

As you can see I'm new here, a little backround, I'm new to the Olympic/Powerlifting game although I've been in the fitness industry as a fitness trainer for a few years now. I train mainly for jiujitsu/mma which is my main hobby, but I do enjoy lifting and want to make it a more dedicated hobby.

I'm very interested in learning good technique from the ground up and I've started teaching myself for the last few weeks but I'm not going to go heavy without a coach correcting me and guiding me.

I'd like to find a good place to learn and lift at a couple times a week regularly. I live in the Eastern Suburbs around the Ringwood area. I've tried searching online to no avail, and I have skimmed through the forums here but have missed any posts on the subject if they exist.

So far I'm loving the articles here though, thank you all here in the community for creating such a great resource.

- Brian 'Tincat'

If you are looking at competing in powerlifting and you live in ringer, then going to have a chat with Markos at PTC is a very wise move.
20 minutes down the tollway from Ringwood.

The rent is something like $2000 a week and it's only 250m2(?) so it's pretty expensive in that regard.
It's a lot of money before you get into the black each week

The rent is something like $2000 a week and it's only 250m2(?) so it's pretty expensive in that regard.

No wonder they are struggling.

I think the best bet to make money there is buy the building not the gym and make the money off the rent.

I heard George is looking for a new space. Lots of big spaces up for lease actually.

George is too nice. He doesn't remind anyone of upcoming membership renewals etc either.

Although not ideally close, have you considered Bodyworld Balaclava - only really about 15 minutes away up Nepean Hwy.

thanks man, may be worth a look might be a weee bit to far, beggars cant be choosers though, i used to live neaR PTC frankston, damnn

If you are looking at competing in powerlifting and you live in ringer, then going to have a chat with Markos at PTC is a very wise move.
20 minutes down the tollway from Ringwood.

Thanks, I'll definitely give them a ring and check it out, I don't mind a bit of travel for high quality instruction.