• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Need help with program for mum

siiiski

My mum asked me to make her a program to help her lose a bit of weight, and i have no idea what to get her doing... It's a lot easier for me because i know my limits and can just follow a set program, anyway, I've got her nutrition under control over the last month and she has been losing weight, (performing cardio everyday). But i think she is getting bored of steady state cardio (i dont blame her) and she wants something different... bit of background:

She is 55 and was in a car crash (drunk driver) where she has screws and plates in her arms and leg and one of her ankles has barely any mobility (she was lucky to survive). We have recently got a home gym which includes a power rack w high low pully, some adjustable dumbbells, kettlebells, boxing bag, treadmill and some wall balls.

Wasnt sure if it would be best getting her on a couple weightlifting days and some conditioning or whether to get her doing some sort of circuit training 3 times a week. She is overweight but not excessively. Any thoughts or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

thanks.

aqua aerobics ?? does your local pool run aqua aerobics classes ?

has she got a rehab plan?
Talk to her physio

I had a bad bike accident back in 98 and the initial rehab
was aqua aerobics and physio to get walking fully then built up to back in the gym .
Got back in the gym 3 years later and 3 years to get rid of the walking stick.
Taken me 14 years to run again.

The car accident was a while ago, she has just lost a ton of mobility due to the plates and screws everywhere. She's just looking to lose some fat now... Was just mentioning the car accident to state her limitations mobility wise. Thanks for the input though :)

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk 2

I have my Mum doing PTC beginners program. She is 52, has average knees and mobility. 1rm deadlift of 90kg, paused bench 50kg, front squats 30kg for 10reps. (no BS because of shoulder mobility).

I would recommend seeing a physio for some more mobility drills to do for her specific case.

And yeah sub out exercises where required e.g. FS for BS, my mum always does one arm db rows as she finds these a lot easier technically. Also, very overweight people seem to do well with sumo deads.

Awesome man. Got her doing it now aswell, got her doing some goblet squats to a box until her mobility gets better, definitely smashing it out. Taking it slowly and teaching her the movements, she's learning really quickly though

sounds good! goblet squats to a box are awesome for "greasing the groove" IMO. So when is her first PL comp? :p

My Mum is actually training for the next pretty and powerful comp at PTC in December though.

Last edited:
sounds good! goblet squats to a box are awesome for "greasing the groove" IMO. So when is her first PL comp? :p

My Mum is actually training for the next pretty and powerful comp at PTC in December though.

Your mum sounds awesome! Hopefully I'm in a comp before her lol