• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

When to see the doctor....?

When do you see the doctor?

• When I need a certificate to get out of work

Votes: 3 14.3%
  • When my left tonsil is bigger than my right (Hyperchondriac)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Regular maintence to schedule

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • When something breaks or falls off

Votes: 13 61.9%
  • Regularly even for trivial stuff

Votes: 1 4.8%

• Total voters

kaz

iLift
So....a friend of mine revealed today she hasn't been to the doctor in 12 years, my mum had an 18 year absence from the doctors surgery also.
So it has got me thinking that: do people really avoid the doctor or it is the attitude...if it ain't broke don't fix it?

Doctors diagnose things and prescribe drugs. If you don't have a 'thing' they are useless. I have never seen a healthy doctor in my life, you'd expect that if they knew anything about health then at least a small percentage would realise that it might apply to them as well.

I've gotten a little more attentive to changes in my body as I've gotten older... You see your parents and family age and want the best for them and yourself.

Have been to the doc more times in the last 2 years than I have in the previous 8 probably.

basically only goto the docs when i need a certificate for work, the rest of time they are basically useless, oh and occassionally if i get bloods done to check cholesterol and stuff...

I go when I need shots before I go overseas other than that I can't remember the last time i went for an ailment

haven't been in over 5years , last time i went i had just gotten over a flu and starting having chest pains , saw a poster at work saying that if you have chest pains go see a doctor straight away as it is serious

so went to the emergency dept at the hospital as it was the weekend , the doctor there checked me out told me i had fluid on the lungs and thanks for wasting his time on something not serious

told the guy that i'm not a doctor it felt serious to me

haven't been back since as i have nothing wrong with me

only if I need something.

annual check up with blood work.

usually end up going for asthma medication prescriptions.

will go if I'm really sick (rarely if ever happens).

I go for medical certificates for sick days and if I dont feel right I get bloods done which has only been for my Glandular recently. Prior to that I cant remember!
If I keep myself healthy I can avoid the doctor!

haven't been in over 5years , last time i went i had just gotten over a flu and starting having chest pains , saw a poster at work saying that if you have chest pains go see a doctor straight away as it is serious

so went to the emergency dept at the hospital as it was the weekend , the doctor there checked me out told me i had fluid on the lungs and thanks for wasting his time on something not serious

Where as other doctors feel they have to send you for every other test under the sun!
I had a condition called "Costochondritis" where your rib joints inflame at the sternum. So off to hospital I went and had 100's of tests and they kept testing because they had no conclusion to what it was.
They make shit scarier than what it needs to be!

Did you tell him to go phuck himself? Sometimes you go and it's like a chop-shop... in and out... You've got 5 minutes of their time, no matter what.

eryte9y8.jpg

if i can't have home remedy for my hay fever which really gets worst even if i use nasal spray, stayed indoors with our air purifier running the whole day,and took a lot of meds , i'll go see a doctor :)

if i can't have home remedy for my hay fever which really gets worst even if i use nasal spray, stayed indoors with our air purifier running the whole day,and took a lot of meds , i'll go see a doctor :)
I reckon go see a Doctor now.

Please!!!!!!! :eek:

You leave Randy out of this. He's a good fella.

Sent from my iPod touch from Pluto.