• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Travelling the USA

The Hamburgler

Spotter Loader
Interested in peoples experiences with traveling through the US, specifically how much money (roughly) you'd spend over a week etc.

I have a flight booked to LA on June 27th, just wondering how long I'm likely to last on $20K if I'm largely sight seeing, and not blowing $500 on a night out on the town or $1K in a night in Vegas

20k should last a long time. me n the missus did 4 weeks last year and it cost about 17k all up. we visited L.A, new york, las vegas and mexico

How long are you going for? Do you have pre booked accommodation?

I'm just beginning to book everything now.

San Jose 28-30 for the Fit Expo thing there, then Los Angeles for the next week to do Hollywood tour etc, then San Diego for a little bit, San Fran to see Alkatraz, then Sacramento to visit Mark Bell.

Beyond that it comes down to fundings

Money wise it looks like being that way.

Would love to spend 3-4 months on the west coast then 3-4 on the east but don't think i has the funds for something of that duration

I'm just beginning to book everything now.

San Jose 28-30 for the Fit Expo thing there, then Los Angeles for the next week to do Hollywood tour etc, then San Diego for a little bit, San Fran to see Alkatraz, then Sacramento to visit Mark Bell.

Beyond that it comes down to fundings
If you don't blow your money on booze and and shit you'll be right. Food is not very expensive and the most meals are huge.

Money wise it looks like being that way.

Would love to spend 3-4 months on the west coast then 3-4 on the east but don't think i has the funds for something of that duration

have you considered doing it as a working holiday? Could keep you afloat while over there and stay for longer.

20k should last a while. Food should be cheap, and if you cook, I imagine even cheaper. I imagine the travel from place to place being the killer.

Try working holiday it. Can probably get a job at a cafe or something if you got a sick accent and like people.

Cat Spew: Bloody hell 17k in 4 weeks wtf... You know their are cheaper hookers right?

I hope I never ever go to the US. Can't imagine a country I'd like to visit less: It's full of Goddamn Americans!

Lots of this though ^^

How are you traveling? flying everywhere? Poverty bus/train would probbaly be cheaper for some placess. Depending on how much crap you are taking and plan on buying.

You going with mates? How many people going?

Just me. I know a few people in different places so they can guide me to cheap food, travel etc

Up/down the coast I'll just use train, if I can afford to go to the other side of the country most likely plan, unless I shell out for a cheap set of wheels