• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Biggest Loser (2013) is Back!!

Big Mick

"2014 - Kunce of the year"
Biggest Loser is back!!!

Fat people standing on scales in their underwear and crying...love it:p

Do people watch it??

Why?? Why Not??

If it inspires people to make a healthy change then its worthwhile. Knowing what I went through to shift 30kgs, the show is unrealistic.

I don't watch it. I know what goes on behind the scenes and I find the show morally reprehensible and irresponsible.

More reprehensible and irresponsible then letting yourself get that obese to begin with.

I'll watch the fatties sometimes. Amazes me people let it get that far.

I watch it for a laugh, there are a lot of moral issues - but what the fuck, it makes money and it's on tv....

Can't fault people making a change.... And the previous contestants have all experienced significant weight lose....

However the show is TOTAL BULL SHIT!!!!

Makes out like you have to cardio yourself retarded every day to lose weight....

I feel that this focus is damaging for all the other couch potatoes out there who are fat farks and will be too scared to spill there guts from cardio tardville...

Meanwhile all they really got to do is get there eating in check... Coupled with some basic resistance training... NO NEED TO TRAIN TILL YOU PASS OUT AND VOMIT IN YOUR MOUTH...

Can't fault people making a change.... And the previous contestants have all experienced significant weight lose....

However the show is TOTAL BULL SHIT!!!!

Makes out like you have to cardio yourself retarded every day to lose weight....

I feel that this focus is damaging for all the other couch potatoes out there who are fat farks and will be too scared to spill there guts from cardio tardville...

Meanwhile all they really got to do is get there eating in check... Coupled with some basic resistance training... NO NEED TO TRAIN TILL YOU PASS OUT AND VOMIT IN YOUR MOUTH...

I agree completely with what you're saying, but...

If a 250kg guy came to you for help, what would you give him? Keto diet and 3x5 squats? I think at that size they do actually have to do cardio for a little while to be conditioned enough to not get injured doing resistance stuff. Resistance exercises at that weight would cause a lot of joint stress, wouldnt it? And bodyweight movement stuff at that weight would burn 1000 calories a minute :p

I am sure/hope they would teach them a lot more about nutritien and eating properly as well as exercise etc etc through their time there that they dont show on the half hour every night or whatever it is, this is what they should be showing as for the fatties out there that aren't motivated just see the show and people getting smashed with cardio 24/7 and then think stuff that it looks like hard work....

In reality it is hard work but doesn't have to be achieved in the extreme time frames the show does and makes things a lot easier in the long run.

We'll watch it this year. Only started watching it last year, it was ok.
I'd love to see a show where they get an average joe and get him contest ready in twelve weeks. But that doesn't really rattle the ratings does it. Fat people crying does.