• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Flu shots 2013

Who's getting one and why?

Every year people tell me to get one, every year I never do.

I was listening to the radio, some bloke says its really just a punt, but we do have the advantage of seeing what's happening overseas first so it can be determined what strain to guard against.

Washing your hands doesn't work.

Has anyone had a flu shot in the past an still caught a strain of it?

It is said that this year will be particularly bad.

I get them most years coz work pays for them, hense free, some years i have got the flu shot and got the flu other years i have not got the flu shot and not got the flu, so as far as effectiveness goes it is a bit hit and miss i find, but being free for me itend to get it.

I'll get it as it will be free.

Most people can't tell or are ignorant of the difference between getting the flu and a common cold so most people saying they got the shot and still got the 'flu' are talking rubbish.

Being a vaccine of a strain we only predict will come this year yes it's always a punt and a risk it will not be effective. So weigh your risks and benefits of the vaccine if you consider getting it.

its free for me also, but i refuse to get it

they are really untested and i cant believe people would just allow this shit to be put in your body, free or not

theres soooo many variants of flu, the flu shot only protects against the 3 major strains, which more than likely wont be the one in your location

google all the negatives of flu vax, from narcolepsy, muscle degenerative diseases, the list goes on, 1 flu vax and lifetime of problems

atleast educate yourself, please!

Haven't ever had the shot, doc has always been wary of giving it to me as im allergic to egg and apparently the vaccine is bred in egg, but we get it free at work as we deal with the scummy public.
Few mates have had the shot and have had the worst cases of the flu that year.

Haven't ever had the shot, doc has always been wary of giving it to me as im allergic to egg and apparently the vaccine is bred in egg, but we get it free at work as we deal with the scummy public.
Few mates have had the shot and have had the worst cases of the flu that year.

The first, and last time I got the flu shot, I had it bad for a week afterwards.

If you avoid things like the Qld Ekka, take some vitamin C, eat and rest well, you've got as much chance of avoiding it as someone who gets the flu shot in my opinion.

Most people can't tell or are ignorant of the difference between getting the flu and a common cold so most people saying they got the shot and still got the 'flu' are talking rubbish.

exactly. I'm 30 and I've had the flu only once. lots and lots of colds, lots of sinus infections, bronchitis once or twice, but flu only once. based on that and the fact that it's not the sort of virus that kills you unless you're very young, very old or otherwise compromised, i can't really see the point.

when i get old i'll do it i suppose.

thats actually a fairly relevant point spew

the fact you get these infections from your eyes, mouth, nose, aka the openings of the body, and the fact a flu vax is injected into your muscle aka slowly but directly into the blood stream, is why im so against them

they should just squirt the liquid up your nose, so it actually simulates a real infection which then builds the antibodies correctly within that system

injection of flu vax is fail, and most likely the negative sides are due to this

Just .... no.

Do you really think that you get the flu in your "eye system" or your "mouth system" and that your body isn't going to develop the relevant antibodies because the vaccine is injected instead of sprayed in your face?

By that logic, steroids wouldn't work if they're injected because we don't inject weights...

Just .... no.

Do you really think that you get the flu in your "eye system" or your "mouth system" and that your body isn't going to develop the relevant antibodies because the vaccine is injected instead of sprayed in your face?

By that logic, steroids wouldn't work if they're injected because we don't inject weights...

wow have you got alot to learn, i dont know where to start, neither will i waste my time

yup. clearly.. the entire medical and pharmaceutical industry im sure is eagerly awaiting your impending study into how ineffective treatment is when administered via a different route to the initial infection...

I think they are more eagerly waiting for the impending panic of this new flu strain so millions of people have to be immunized using their products and services.

The limit of my sickness seems to be 1 cold per year. Hooray for squats and fish oil.

So thats a vote against flu shot. Touch wood.

thats actually a fairly relevant point spew

the fact you get these infections from your eyes, mouth, nose, aka the openings of the body, and the fact a flu vax is injected into your muscle aka slowly but directly into the blood stream, is why im so against them

they should just squirt the liquid up your nose, so it actually simulates a real infection which then builds the antibodies correctly within that system

injection of flu vax is fail, and most likely the negative sides are due to this

Sorry but everything you've said in this thread stinks of faecal matter. If you can at least provide a few links to support your view then I am willing to change mine but as it stands you just seem like one of those crazy, ignorant anti-vaxxers.

Lol @ u calling CT a faecal...:D

I'm getting one on Wednesday cause work pays for it...

In retrospect think I've fallen in the trap of just doing it cause it is free... Prolly would have given it a miss had I put more thought into it...