• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

QLD Junk Food Labelling..

have better results bringing back dmaa and adding it to all foods sold in Qld

You'd get better results using that money to supply healthy school lunches or teaches kids about good nutrition at school

You'd get better results using that money to supply healthy school lunches or teaches kids about good nutrition at school

Agreed,

but..

It's all well and good teaching kids this stuff at school but if the parents are shoveling shit down them every day and night it ain't gonna make much difference.

They already tried the latter - pizza contains tomato therefor its on the safe supply list.

I went in and helped out in my daughters class last year for a day.. had to help 3/4 of the class open their various chocolate covered muesli bars, sugar filled fruit pastry things and packets of chocolate biscuits. Honestly, out of 20 or so kids - maybe 5 of them had what looked to be a reasonably healthy lunch, the rest was just packaged crap.

I went in and helped out in my daughters class last year for a day.. had to help 3/4 of the class open their various chocolate covered muesli bars, sugar filled fruit pastry things and packets of chocolate biscuits. Honestly, out of 20 or so kids - maybe 5 of them had what looked to be a reasonably healthy lunch, the rest was just packaged crap.

Thing is diet is not as easy as food being good or bad.

Depends on the situation of each person. Some active kids are shinny as rakes and need extra calories. They are not going to get that from only eating fruit and veggies.

So for active kids you think filling their lunch boxes with sugar-laden crap is a good idea? I certainly don't.

I'm not suggesting they should all have a lunchbox filled with carrot sticks and apple slices, but when EVERYTHING in alunchbox has come from a packet (tiny teddies, muesli bars, cookies, etc etc) then IMO there's something wrong.

It's not nice living in a nanny state I agree but if they dont do something we are all going to suffer in 50 years time when we have 60% obessity and medical costs of treating these people is going to cripple every western nation.

Nanny state about saving morons from Darwinism, I dont agree with, its good for the gene pool if they are removed, but like smokers, these people are selfish and short sighted and happy to let tax payers pick up the bill when they are lying in hospital at 50 years old with diabeties, high blood pressure, fatty liver disease needing a triple bypass no longer able to work ever again.

So for active kids you think filling their lunch boxes with sugar-laden crap is a good idea? I certainly don't.

I'm not suggesting they should all have a lunchbox filled with carrot sticks and apple slices, but when EVERYTHING in alunchbox has come from a packet (tiny teddies, muesli bars, cookies, etc etc) then IMO there's something wrong.

Because I said anything like that.

How do you know what they have at home?

Having some high calorie food along with meat, fruit and veg is fine and the extra calories could be beneficial for growing kids.

If the kid is a bit of a fatty they obviously need to tone back on the high calorie stuff.

I don't know what they have at home, nor did I say anything about what their overall diet may be like.

I was talking specifically about what they had with them in their lunchbox - although I would say it is reasonable to assume that if their lunchbox is full of high calorie "snack" food, chances are pretty good the rest of their diet isn't fantastic.

When I take my daughter to school I see and speak to the other parents, every day the kids have to take a "snack" in for the class to share at "morning tea" - I see which kids regularly bring in a pack of biscuits vs which ones bring in a piece of fruit, when she goes to friends houses I see the foods they're eating at home - I'm not talking about seeing some random kid on the street eating a cookie and inferring their diet is crap from that.

I think is eating plan is not as easy as meals being good or bad, relies on the scenario of each individual, some effective children are shinny as rakes and need additional calorie consumption, they are not going to get that from only consuming fruits and fresh vegetables....

I think is eating plan is not as easy as meals being good or bad, relies on the scenario of each individual, some effective children are shinny as rakes and need additional calorie consumption, they are not going to get that from only consuming fruits and fresh vegetables....

I am intregued by you thoughts and ramblings and would like to subscribe to your newsletter