• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Bovine Colostrum - Protein powder on juice!

Bulk Nutrients

Site Advertiser
Taken from our Facebook page:

We normally don't do "products of the week" here on our page, if ever at all - but this is certainly one supplement that deserves more recognition but doesn't get any at all!

Call it Protein powder on juice if you like - BOVINE COLOSTRUM.

Unlike Whey protein which can be collected from a cow at almost anytime of it's life, there is only a small RARE window of opportunity where the milk needed to make Bovine Colostrum is collected and that is the early milk produced by cows during the first several days after the calf's birth!

Milk produced in these early days of a calf's birth is packed with super nutrients to obviously give the calf a great strong kick start in life and giving it a stronger immune system to fight off anything that could endanger it so early in life.

Users of Pro Biotics, particularly a leading brand such as 'Inner Health Plus', will only need to turn to the label to see that this is one of the main ingredients used in their capsules.
Bovine Colostrum IGG 23%

312353_416059005148482_278190654_n.jpg

$140/kg. Lol.

I take it you are laughing at the price as a comparison to perhaps Whey Protein powder?

If this is the case, although at first glance without looking into anything it seems the same as protein powder, Bovine Colostrum is in a bit of a league on it's own.

Firstly, obviously there is a price to pay for the milk of a cow that is only available for a few days after a calf is born as opposed to the milk used for Whey that can be extracted at anytime.

Secondly, a price comparison to "protein powder" is incorrect (if this was what you are laughing at as a comparison price). Although high in protein also, it is a better comparison to a Pro-Biotic type of product. As an example, the popular Inner Health Plus Pro-Biotic capsules contain 67mg of Bovine Colostrum in each capsule.
For $50, you get 90 capsules.
67mg x 90 = 6,030mg ($50).

$140 as you stated, gets you 1,000,000mg (1kg) of Bovine Colostrum.

I know what colostrum is and why it's important to a calf with an undeveloped immune system, what has never been explained to me is what benefit an adult human with their own immune system will obtain from normal protein with added antibodies.

If there is any benefit then it is unlikely to be related to hypertrophy or strength.

Last edited:
I know what colostrum is and why it's important to a calf with an undeveloped immune system, what has never been explained to me is what benefit an adult human with their own immune system will obtain from normal protein with added antibodies.

If their is any benefit then it is unlikely to be related to hypertrophy or strength.

Was reccomended to my wife when she was sick last year and all manner of drugs didn't do anything. This seemed to do the trick and fired up her immune system again...

According to some studies it also increases the production of IGF-1
IGF-I, IgA, and IgG responses to bovine colostrum supplementation during training

and it you are travelling oversea's (SE Asia) taking it greatly reduces the occurance of getting the shits from less hygienic food prep/

From what I have seen colostrum may have benefits for people with chronic diarrhea. For healthy people the studys are all over the shop.

Colostrum is from the first milking after calving then drops away significantly after that and is almost useless. The stuff is like magic for baby calves. The thing is its only really useful for calves in the first 24 hours of life. After that their stomach cannot absorb the antibodies. Now if calves can't get the main benefits after 24 hours i would be skeptical of significant benefits to adult humans.

Also for people into this stuff I would question the health and management practices of dairy farmers selling the colostrum. What are they feeding the calves? The health implications of not feeding colostrum to calves can be life long for the animal.

Last edited:
I was only trying to give a better comparison regarding your post laughing at the price tag.

People have been benefiting from Pro Biotic supplementation in a healthy state for years. The common understanding is that things like bloating and sickness are greatly reduced when on Pro Biotics.

I really don't want this to look like we are trying to "clear stock" of this product or trying to increase it's sales. You will notice our history rarely does this if at all actually. The only time is when a new product is released.
This was a simple case of myself, Nick the internet guy for Bulk Nutrients, in the process of getting a more detailed product information list happening on our updated website and came across doing a write up for Bovine Colostrum and found out all these things I didn't previously know about this product so thought I would share.

Nick, I don't think anyone here has a problem with BN, it's just that product that we don't rate. You have plenty of good products mate, there has to be a dud in there somewhere.

Nick, I don't think anyone here has a problem with BN, it's just that product that we don't rate. You have plenty of good products mate, there has to be a dud in there somewhere.

That's fair, Bull.
Although this was a personal post from myself, not pushed onto me by any bosses of the company because I rate it.

Just thought I would share a personal post. I understand the supplement industry and the dud's it contains, however, IMO, I do not believe this to be one.

However, I can appreciate your opinion and view on this product. No offense taken, Bull.

What might be a dud product in some people's opinion, might just be a gods send for others.

I won't be buying any of it, but I am sure other people will love that the product is now available.

I buy BN BCAA's and Creatine, but others may not.

Maybe it's the name that's putting people off, would be pretty hard pressed to tell your friends / family / colleagues you're on a few scoops of Bovine Collustrum per day :D

That being said, pro biotics are great for when you have Gastro / Diarrhea and anything gastro intestinal, what's the shelf life on the product? I could see a family buying this instead of weekly Yukults for when the dreaded Gastro runs through the household, just wouldn't be telling the kids the name of the product, mix it into their cereal perhaps!