• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Recommend me a gym in Brisbane

JRB

Hey guys,

I am looking for a 24 hour gym in Brisbane city or South Brisbane that is around $500 per year (will be signing up with my friend for discount) and has more than one power rack/half rack with stops.

Me and my training partner will be doing 5x5 strength training (stronglifts and madcow) so having available power racks is essential to us. Also, a lifting platform for deadlifts and Pendlay rows would be good but not essential.

I've signed up for a trail At Stepz fitness in the city but I'm a bit concerned about rack availability as they only have 1 half rack and 1 Olympic bar. However the price great at around $480 per year. We will be training in the evening at around 7pm however we may need to train later in the night on some days.

Can anyone recommend me a better gym for my requirements?

Last edited:
I have 7 racks at my gym, and 3 platfroms..... more on the way..... We are not at 500 though, nor on the southside lol.

We have loads of people that come out from springfield, ipswitch, marooka ect, so car pooling is always an option, and we are on teh train line to.

I guess it depends on how serious you are about strength training, and what sort of equipment you want.

PTC Brisbane - home

I have 7 racks at my gym, and 3 platfroms..... more on the way..... We are not at 500 though, nor on the southside lol.

We have loads of people that come out from springfield, ipswitch, marooka ect, so car pooling is always an option, and we are on teh train line to.

I guess it depends on how serious you are about strength training, and what sort of equipment you want.

PTC Brisbane - home

Hey mate thanks for the reply I checked out your website and your facility is exactly what I'm after. However north gate is just too far for me to travel. Do you know of any gyms in the South that are set up like yours?

PTC Gold Coast is about all I know of.... Not many gyms around like mine.

Temple gym in springfield has a platform and a DL bar, I know a few PL that train there. Its a commercial gym though

PTC Gold Coast is about all I know of.... Not many gyms around like mine.

Temple gym in springfield has a platform and a DL bar, I know a few PL that train there. Its a commercial gym though

Thanks mate. Springfeild is a bit too out of the way for me as well. I'll keep looking. Anyone know how many racks/platforms anytime fitness CBD has?

how far is too far? most people travel good distances three times a week for real gyms. 30-40 minutes aint nothin.

My gym is 5 mins away, squat rack and cage, bout 10 abc bars. $450 for the year. But it's all mine, sorry. Probably too far from you anyways. Logan area. Can't be that hard to find a gym with some racks.....

Bloody hell an hour each way. Who the fuck has time for that. Just get a home gym.

I was doing that for first couple months PTC Perth opened. There was no room where i was living for a home gym and i had already tried out local commercial gyms. If thats one's only option they should take it
Thankfully im now about 3 mins drive from PTC now.

When PTC syd was at silverwater, I was averaging 1hr 45mins one way. 20 mins of that was at one intersection. Longest days of my life!!

how far is too far? most people travel good distances three times a week for real gyms. 30-40 minutes aint nothin.

It would have to be no more than 20 minutes. Me and my training partner both live very busy lives so finding some close is really important to us. I simply couldn't factor in 6x hour long commutes per week with my commitments.

Last edited:
If all you want to do is powerlifting, buy a rack and be done with it...

Unfortunately we both don't have the space for a power rack at our apartments. If I had the space then trust me it would be the first thing I'd put in.

Last edited:
UQ powerlifting club might be close... but damn St Lucia is sort of in a nook and takes me ages to get to.. Also not sure on opening hours, but it is fairly cheap.

Isn't there a strength gym in west end?

Maybe some of the olympic weight lifting clubs on the south side?

UQ powerlifting club might be close... but damn St Lucia is sort of in a nook and takes me ages to get to.. Also not sure on opening hours, but it is fairly cheap.

St Lucia and west end would be fantastic ill look into them.

There is one at chandler plus a few crossfit ones that do Olympic lifting..

As a southsider I can tell you there's not much other than a shitty 24 hours gyms with smith machines or only one squat rack..
The big gyms are full of fuckwits and who wear belts for the entire workout like its just a common comfortable piece of clothing, and the use of chalk is frowned upon as is deadlifting!!!

I'd suggest you set up a squat rack at home and a bench, then travel a few times a month to one of the places on the northside!!

That's what I'll be doing when my membership runs out!!

TLDR I'm tired and ranting, get home setup

Unfortunately we both don't have the space for a power rack at our apartments. If I had the space then trust me it would be the first thing I'd put in.

Have you considered some of the smaller squat racks?

I got this one cause space is a limiting factor in my place:
BodyWorx L415SR Squat rack Treadmills, ellipticals, Fitness & Gym Equipment for sale Australia-wide

Rated to 270kg, it does the job. Need to take it apart at the bottom to mount a full size bar at max width but that's not much of an issue for me.