• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Modem / router

Please recommend a good one

I was at JB hifi today and saw one for $190.00

With our ipads, iPods, phones, streaming, apple tv our old modem seems really slow.

Will buying a new one improve our download speed?

Ta.

Will buying a new one improve our download speed?

Maybe, maybe not. Depends what / if something is wrong with your other one.

If you do get one, do me a favour and change it from being the default password. I see this happen too often.

Your download speed is determined by the plan you have with your service provider and quality of the Telstra line Goosey.

Make sure the modem/router is wireless N ADSL2+, Billion and Linksys seem to be pretty good brands, expect to pay around $200 for a good one.

Last edited:
Last time we bought one, was a few years now, got one from MSY, farkin heaps cheaper than anywhere.

Thanks, I'm checking out msy this week.

The modem and router are about ten years old.

As a suggestion try a ping test....

Just google ping test or speed test

When you put the new modem in test it again and you'll be able determine if it makes any difference...

What if youtube vid streaming is crap? Like it's choppy, long pauses here and there, takes long time to buffer etc. Should I blame it on the modem or the internet traffic?

What if youtube vid streaming is crap? Like it's choppy, long pauses here and there, takes long time to buffer etc. Should I blame it on the modem or the internet traffic?

blame it on the moonlight, blame it on the boogie :p

confirm internet isnt shaped
clear cache etc
try with different browser