• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

"Snap fitness"

Fitnation

I go to Snap Kawana and the gym is getting overcrowded as more and more people join, a good percentage of members are teenagers who do very little in the way of working out at all. The gym is on its third manager and it is very rare to see the owners. After talking to a few people the other night most think the gym is probably too small, the owners have failed to update equipment and many people have requested a new squat rack all to no avail. After seeing two Snaps in Helensvale and Southport I notised a marked difference in not only the layout, also the equipment and overall atmosphere of the gyms.

I left the snap near my house as it was equiped for the larger number of members it was getting even at 5 am

also 2 dudes training together grunting loudly, wraps for everything, belts on 100% of the time, doing pathetic squats of about 2 inch movement.. they hogged the squat rack

24/7 gyms wont last long.
Its a passing fad as people try and cash in on them.
Most charging 5 bux a week.
Good money maker now but if u cant sell in like a few years time when the market is quickly getting saturated your screwed.

24/7 gyms wont last long.
Its a passing fad as people try and cash in on them.
Most charging 5 bux a week.
Good money maker now but if u cant sell in like a few years time when the market is quickly getting saturated your screwed.

pretty much like every business , research research location location
when it comes to selling need to reinforce that the business is established has a good member base , good location

on one end of the scale you have oversaturation , on the other end you have appealing to a niche market

I don't have a problem with 24 hour gyms as they keep the bros out of mine. But I find it funny that there are so many in one suburb. All trying to outdo each other. I mean 5 Bux and no joining fee and contracts really?

I do understand most people will join and not really cancel their memberships since its so cheap and its part of the structure. Its seems so cut throat.

It seems these bloody joints have opened up everywhere, and have a fair few people in them at most times.
The brother in law joined one near their house, and is always raving about how often he goes to the gym, I asked him what he does, ie does he use the weights etc, his reply was that he just cranks out the exercise bike for half hour at a time as that's what most people do there.

It seems these bloody joints have opened up everywhere, and have a fair few people in them at most times.
The brother in law joined one near their house, and is always raving about how often he goes to the gym, I asked him what he does, ie does he use the weights etc, his reply was that he just cranks out the exercise bike for half hour at a time as that's what most people do there.

has he considered buying a bike? :p

Doherty's and Derrimut are 24/7 in melbourne and i'm not sure they are going to go away in a hurry....

Jett's on the other hand....

- Drives to gym for 5 min to hop on bike for 30min

Although... i tend to use a bike for cardio at the gym, and i own and use a real bike :) .. the bike is just particularly low impact. - i wouldn't go there JUST to use the bike though generally...

(I do use my exercise bike at home to do some low speed steady state cardio watching TV though as an alternative to sitting on the couch :)

I live in the northern suburbs of Perth, these things are popping up like crazy. There are 3 or 4 within about 5 minutes of me. There are two Jetts that are about 5 minutes drive away.

Edit: I just google mapped it for curiosity's sake and they are 4.4km apart. An "Anytime Fitness" has also opened up pretty much half way between them as well.

Last edited:
To be fair a year ago I was looking at these 24/7 gym franchises, thinking "how cool it would be to have my own gym, I can workout whenever I want and make money lulz" but then they started popping up everywhere and I'm glad I wasn't that impulsive.

The Anytime Fitness I goto is not too bad though. Particularly in the mornings, hardly everyone there and I can use the squat rack to my heart's content.

There seems to be no slowing down, new ones are continueing to spring up. Brisbane is pretty saturated already. There also appear to be a number of small 24 hour chains and independent 24 hour set ups. Anytime probably are the best of the bunch followed by Snap. Have to say while Jetts offer really good customer service, the gyms are set up for treadmill walkers and people who don't train free weights. Have a feeling some new players may enter the Aussie market in the not too distant future. Go Health clubs are a small growing chain who are offering a pretty unique setup.