• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Newbie Stupid Question!

R

ricoh

Hi all. Great forum guys, both friendly & informative!

I'm 30, overweight & out of shape but I plan to start bodybuilding.
I'm not a complete stranger to training but have had little or no gains in the past and I've ended up de-moralised and ultimately back on the beer and burgers!

the posts on these pages have shown me where I have been going wrong with my diet and training.

I plan to start in a couple of weeks time with the 'Beginners 4 Day Split' . being a newbie i'm not quite sure , if I'm doing a 3 set exercise at 8 reps, should EACH set be to failure? If so, should I be doing 8 reps on the first or last set?

Apologies for the long-winded message, I promise all further posts will be shorter!!

No such things as stupid questions just stupid answers , ask away and you wont get flamed,besides it against the rules of Ausbb.com

Start slowly. Dont do too much in the beginning. slow and steady wins the race

You will make good gains just starting out. Keep it really basic and dont push it too hard. I would even say that for the first few weeks dont go to failure. If you really want to go to failure then make it only one set. If you get really sore then back it off some.

Remember keep it slow in the beginning. I remember my gains in the beginning seemed every week I was getting stronger in something. You can always add later.