• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Noobie exercise plan

P

pringles

Hey guys, after purchasing a second hand weight bench a couple of weeks ago and doing a bit of browsing on this forum I have finally come up with an exercise plan for myself.

I am 188cm tall and about 96kg, I am looking to loose some weight, build some muscle and get fit in general. I am not after huge bulging muscles, just some decent defintition.

Here is what I have come up with

Monday

Weights – Chest/Shoulders

Flat Barbell Bench Press 3 x 10 reps
Dumbell Flys 3 x 10 reps
Pushups 2 x as many as possible

Seated Dumbell Raise 3 x 10 reps
Side Lateral Raise 3 x 10 reps

Tuesday

Cardio
20 – 30 min cardio – running or riding

Wednesday

Weights – Biceps/Triceps

Barbell Curls 3 x 10 reps
Concentration Curls 3 x 10 reps
Dumbell Bicep Curl 3 x 10 reps

Bench Dips 3 x 10
Seated Triceps Press 3 x 10 reps

Cardio

Squash - 1hr – 1 ½ hr

Thursday

Cardio
20 – 30 min cardio – running or riding.

Friday

Legs/Abs

Barbell Full Squat 3 x 10 reps
Barbell Seated Calf Raise 3 x 10 reps

Dumbell Side Bend 3 x 10 reps
Flat Bench Leg Pull In/Raise 2 x as many as possible
Sit-ups 2 x as many as possible

Weekend – Rest

Does this look alright??? Please feel free to comment on my abouve plan as I havent really done anything like this before and I want to make sure I am doing it properly.

Should I be doing less reps and more weight?? I read that I should be struggling at the end of each set of reps.

I am also in the process of drawing up a suitable eating plan to go with the above plan, and will post that for comments when I have done it.

Cheers

what about your back? its not even included on any of the days?

I would stick some deadlifts, lots of chinups (under and over), somethign for your lats and some sort of row in there for your back.

Also for triceps maybe add a french press or skullcrusher (basically the same thing) as they are great tricep killers