• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Fitness Australia A Con?

I'm not affiliated with anybody, its all a bullshit money making scheme.

Contact a broker.

http://damonhayhow.tumblr.com/post/15173875262/why-pts-dont-need-fitness-australia

I just got linked to this article. Now, I know that PT's don't need to be registered with FA, but I've always been under the impression we need to be reigstered with a governing body in order to be insurable. This article suggests otherwise.

I was wondering if anyone in the industry had any insight to add to this author's argument, or to prove the author wrong?
FA is not a governing body. The fitness industry has no governing body in Australia.

Is this real life? So I don't need CeC points or Fitness AUS registration and can sue if they tell me otherwise? Seems to good to be true.

Any recommendations for insurance? I'm currently looking around as I recently got my cert 3 and 4, but waiting until I can actually find a job before I register for insurance.

Well this is sort of old news, I was training people for over 15 years and never had any affiliation with any of these organisations, they been telling me for years that I needed it and should do this and that, and it's all BS.

Used to be insured through sports cover, was at one stage training over 100 people, doing it full time and studying part time. Mainly used to do group fitness/boxing/Muay Thai/Kick Boxing back in the day.

So then, the consensus agrees with the link. Interesting.

Like rmwing, this sounds too good to be true, to me. Not that I'm doubting anyone...I've just always been told that to be insurable in the fitness industry you need to be registered with FA or Kinekt or some such organisation.

FA is a load of rubbish. Just looks good on your marketing or CV.

If you dont use it on your marketing or profile then you aren't getting any value