• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Nootropic product coming soon!

Bulk Nutrients

Site Advertiser
(...as posted on our Facebook page)

*New product coming soon - COGNITONE!!*

When we say we have the best customers a business could ask for, we truly mean it. Do you remember a couple of weeks back when the team here asked for your help on a Nootropics product? Well you all helped us so much with info that a product is made up and almost ready to go already!

Bulk Nutrients is pleased to announce that we will have a powdered Nootropic Formula available within a few weeks.

The formulation of this was based on looking at existing popular products and tweaking them, increasing dosages of key compounds and adding any ingredients which are missing.

Cognnitone will be sold in 250g packets, with a dose being a 5g serve which means 50 serves per package.

Each serve will contain:

- Acetyl Tyrosine (mg) 1500

- CDP Choline (mg) 1000

- Acetyl Carnitine (mg) 800

- DMAE (mg) 600

- Caffeine (mg) 200

- L Theanine (mg) 150

- Vit B6 (mg) 50

- Inositol (mg) 50

- Vinpocetine (mg) 10

- Vit B12 (mg) 1

- Huperzine (mg) 0.05

The main ingredient difference compared with popular products such as 'Focus XT' is the use of Choline CDP instead of regular Choline and the use of L Theanine (which deals with some negatives of caffeine, Inositol and the B Vitamins). We also utilise the more effective form of carnitine - Acetyl carnitine, which is said to cross the blood brain barrier, so in this situation you'd assume better effects.

At this stage we haven't confirmed price, but it is likely to be $29 - 250g, which is 50 serves.

A special thanks to 'Matthew C' too. Many thanks for your help with this product. Once it's in we'll be providing you with a large supply free of charge as a thank you. We recognise that customers too are educated in fields that we may not be all too familiar with.

Keep an eye out on this Facebook page for further movement in the release of this product.

Thank you again,

The Bulk Nutrients Team.

how come the most obvious nootropic - piracetam - is missing in this mix? (or any -acetam variations for that matter)

count me in for testing some of this

some prove popular with uni students

No creatine ? - isn't it supposed to have an effect on cognition ?
and possible effect on protecting against strokes ?

Last edited:
I'm interested (also in the Noopept product) but I know little of the ingredients in Cognitone. I'd only really heard of the Racetams as far as Nootropics go, but the Noopept product on the BN website claims Noopept is "1000x more potent than Piracetam".

Wonder how the "Cognitone" product would go with Noopept?

BN, will an equivalent to this link be posted with Cognitone? http://www.bulknutrients.com.au/assets/pdf/Test-Max.pdf

I'm interested (also in the Noopept product) but I know little of the ingredients in Cognitone. I'd only really heard of the Racetams as far as Nootropics go, but the Noopept product on the BN website claims Noopept is "1000x more potent than Piracetam".

Haha, how can something be 1000x more potent that Piracetam? The brain would explode! :D

Wonder how the "Cognitone" product would go with Noopept?

BN, will an equivalent to this link be posted with Cognitone? http://www.bulknutrients.com.au/assets/pdf/Test-Max.pdf

Hi Stew,

Could you expand on your question a little for me?
As the link you posted is a Testosterone Booster, in what way do you mean a Nootropic formula would be the same?

Hi Stew,

Could you expand on your question a little for me?
As the link you posted is a Testosterone Booster, in what way do you mean a Nootropic formula would be the same?

No problem. I'm referring to the list of ingredients, how for your new Test Booster product you created a PDF elaborating on why each ingredient was good / proven to be effective etc.

Was hoping you'd planned to have similar for your Cognitone product, giving info as to why you have the ingredients you do? As to be honest, I read them and I've got no idea on how / why / if they work?

No problem. I'm referring to the list of ingredients, how for your new Test Booster product you created a PDF elaborating on why each ingredient was good / proven to be effective etc.

Was hoping you'd planned to have similar for your Cognitone product, giving info as to why you have the ingredients you do? As to be honest, I read them and I've got no idea on how / why / if they work?

Thank you, Stew. I understand now.
I think you may be a little mistaken however of what the Purity Guaranteed range is about.
It's not so much about a range that explains each ingredient but more so a product where ALL of its ingredients have been proven in studies and the dosages have been included into the product at the same dosages that were used in those studies.

For the Cognitone Nootropic product to make the Purity Guaranteed range (like Test Max), it would mean that all its ingredients and dosages have been verified in studies, which I don't think they all have, if any.

I think you may be a little mistaken however of what the Purity Guaranteed range is about.
It's not so much about a range that explains each ingredient but more so a product where ALL of its ingredients have been proven in studies and the dosages have been included into the product at the same dosages that were used in those studies.

For the Cognitone Nootropic product to make the Purity Guaranteed range (like Test Max), it would mean that all its ingredients and dosages have been verified in studies, which I don't think they all have, if any.

I thought he was just asking if you are going to do a similar pdf explaining the ingredients ? or are you guys only doing that for your "Purity Guaranteed range" ?

Thanks for the reply, and sorry for any confusion on my part!

I guess I wasn't after hard proof for all the ingredients as such ala the "Purity Guarantee" - but consider it a question that I'd personally like to find an answer to, as to why the ingredients will help "focus, concentration, mood, sense of wellbeing, endurance and energy levels" (rather than me just trusting the label on the bottle). I'll research away anyway, as I like the idea of the product.

On the "Purity Guarantee" range, the other thing that begins to worry me when I purchase combination products, is that although the individual ingredients have been proven (generally in isolation in a study), are they proven to work in concert with everything else in the product? This one best answered with anecdotal evidence over time I guess - no such study/proof would exist! (This a concern for me as I stacked a bunch of stuff and lowered my estrogen too far)

Thanks for the reply, and sorry for any confusion on my part!

I guess I wasn't after hard proof for all the ingredients as such ala the "Purity Guarantee" - but consider it a question that I'd personally like to find an answer to, as to why the ingredients will help "focus, concentration, mood, sense of wellbeing, endurance and energy levels" (rather than me just trusting the label on the bottle). I'll research away anyway, as I like the idea of the product.

On the "Purity Guarantee" range, the other thing that begins to worry me when I purchase combination products, is that although the individual ingredients have been proven (generally in isolation in a study), are they proven to work in concert with everything else in the product? This one best answered with anecdotal evidence over time I guess - no such study/proof would exist! (This a concern for me as I stacked a bunch of stuff and lowered my estrogen too far)

Good question and time will tell I guess.
The hopeful thing is that in the future we should have them all individually sold separately (the ingredients).
It's all one big experiment sometimes.

so safe/okay to mix this with recovery bcaas ?

Hey lex,

Are you referring to mixing the Cognitone with BCAA's?
If so, I would say it is an odd mix. I wouldn't particularly be mixing them together in the one drink. You could try, but it isn't advised.

If you are referring to any of the other products in our Purity Guaranteed range, either Test Max or Pre Workout 101, then this should be fine.

odd?

e.g just finished training and getting back to the office for a few hours of coding or research or study

odd?

e.g just finished training and getting back to the office for a few hours of coding or research or study

No problem in getting an "all-in-one" hit I guess, if you were after the effects of a Nootropic and also needing your BCAA hit.

I just thought you may have been getting the ingredients of Cognitone mixed up with a Recovery type drink. If you are drinking it together in one shaker and after the effects of Cognitone for one reason and after the effects of BCAA's for the other reason, then go ahead and make an all in one type drink, sure.

So whens it going to be available ?

Its past the 20th , though I see its now changed to coming soon.

How soon is soon ?

Piracetam is controlled in Australia, so wouldn't be included for that reason. I have bought aniracetam online from an Australian site with no issues as, supposedly, none of the other racetams have been added to the controlled list so far.

The level of huperzine corresponds with the lowest recommended effective level daily, though many companies selling this product often recommend closer to 200mcg. Acetylcholine esterase inhibitors (like huperzine) over time may decrease the density of cholinergic receptors in various brain regions. For otherwise healthy individuals, this could potentially have adverse effects on memory in the post-use phase of the drug. There may also be a similar effect on the density of dopamine and norepinephrine receptors, as HupA has been shown to increase levels of these neurotransmitteres as a result of AchE inhibition. Also, the GIAS' study found that the brain needs a temporary drop in Ach levels while you sleep to consolidate short term memories into long term storage, so taking huperzine, which keeps Ach levels high by inhibiting the Ach Enzyme from breaking down Ach, before bed time would be a bad idea.