• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Curved Willy's 2013 transformation log

Curved Willy

First post here on AusBB. I've attached some photos from when I felt comfortable in my own skin, in the later part of 2011 that is... Since then I've let myself go. Firstly, I stopped waxing (hairiest rug of a chest you have ever seen) and moved to regional NSW to follow work where there's no gym, so I'd been forced into doing bodyweight training outside.

Now, there's nothing wrong with bodyweight training... But the problem is the heat. Today cracked 44 degrees and I can barely step foot from the front yard before I start pouring sweat and am ready to drop dead. Training isn't supposed to be comfortable but exercising in these temperatures is just torture.

So I just basically stopped. Maybe once or twice a week a few pull ups, push ups, some kettlebell swings, a quick tug on this stupid Tower Gym 200 (why did I buy this?) or a pedal on the stationary bike. All weak efforts and not much worth.

I woke up this morning, rolled out of bed, touched the soft gelatinous mass that is my belly and thought "F**k this. I'm buying a powercage and bar and some weights and getting back to squats, benches and deadlifts and lifting this fat away."

Back then my stats were:

21 y/o
74kg
175cm
Bench - 90kg x 5 (best effort, never had a spotter for 1RM)
Squat - 140kg x 1
Deadlift - 130kg x 5 (poor hamstring flexibility which I need to work on, so usually did it wide stance)
Pullups - 20
Weighted dips - 40kg x 8

Now:

Almost 24 y/o
78.5kg
175cm (surprise surprise?)
Bench - who knows
Squat - who knows
Deadlift - not much
Pullups - 14
Weighted dips - dunno, but I can still punch out 20 unweighted

Once my rack turns up I'll put it in my air conditioned spare room (which is full of assorted crap at the moment) and start smashing away at Starting Strength again and claw my way back to where I was, and onward from there.

Diet will be about 2200 calories, 40P/40F/20C. I like to do a bit of intermittent fasting because it stops me from binging out like a pig. This is my biggest problem. I f**king LOVE food.

Here's my old pics, just add some extra softness around it and there you go... I can't quite bring myself to take a photo of me right now. Ha. When I've got something better to compare it to, I'll put up both.

6f530dc0.jpg

11902cf6.jpg

3e433971.jpg

088d864e.jpg

In the meantime while I wait for my rack to turn up, here's today's exercise complex. I've got night shift tonight. I can see myself being absolutely rooted...

2/1/13: Push ups x 25, chair dips x 15, burpees x 10, a bit of rest, repeat 4 times.

Last edited:
Cheers for the compliments guys, but unfortunately right now I'm really far off looking like that... The goal for now is get back to that state and then get better! Current pics will come... eventually.

Ordered my powercage, bar and bench from GymDirect today. The Minister for Fun, War and Finances is going to chop my one remaining testicle off (the other is already in her handbag) but oh well. At least the thing will be too heavy for her to toss out. :p

Diets are f**king terrible, but I've been happy with doing stirfry veg with plenty of good olive oil. Wish they shipped fresher fruit out here...

Any of you got good techniques for taming your appetites?

Last edited:
Good luck with hitting your goals mate I'm sure you will look the same as in those pic's again soon

All the best curved Willy :D
I doubt it will take long till you are back to your old physique or better. :)