• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Ryan's 2012 Herp Derp

RyanF

Height: 172cm
Starting Weight: 65.9kg

Goals: This year I'll be entering sanctioned powerlifting meets for the first time, and trying to fill out the 74kg weight class. I was going to have my first meet on 20 Jan in the 66kg weight class, but my strength isn't what it was back in November, so, at coach Nick's recommendation, I'll hold off on competing until the next Brisbane meet. As far as the body transformation comp goes, I guess I'll want to be as lean as possible at 70-75kg 12 months from now.

This year, I've decided to try and learn some BB poses. Let's see how badly I firetruck this up.

vwHIRsFYvfoeoXwNFKkJjLpYopQTegKbGMJo.jpg

zCvUwBBRCRvNZGiCrxiHEJNiBCGINbJkEwHq.jpg

YRqbPfAzidhddgLxrkJLkQZYefmMFIXTnCku.jpg

eqinchVqhaxGRyCvyZjcqtqAXuxHMfnYOBgn.jpg

^ Mods, let me know if this isn't side-on enough.

Ryan try for a relaxed shot, arms straight down or hands on hips. This will result in a good comparison of fat loss and muscle growth, especially since you fellas gain upper body mass much better than us females!!

Okay then. I'm too lazy to take more pics, so here are some relaxed screencaps from between poses yesterday.

svsRmlnOaajrjEyruZAieuwItIiTtmnShCqX.jpg

oSMhWLyPOyuHBRifLYjULmPdtewxwgxaKBMV.jpg

CaezIYmSwSHJEFSZAWSCKujQKEoQnmkGgCZE.jpg

LOL, I noticed that.

Part of me's just not feeling it this time round, honestly. Not that I don't want to keep on making progress, but my enthusiasm for the competition isn't what it was last year (which was a bit lacklustre, anyway). Plus, I was never completely comfortable with all the semi-nude photos of me on the interwebs (gosh I sound like 14yo girl now). I accepted it as necessary for the comp, but the discomfort with it combined with the lack of a care factor for this year's competition is what's prompted me to pull out.